Which case should I buy?

hents1230

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Hello!

I've been struggling to decide which case should I get -

1) Cooler Master 690 II (ver 2.0) (USB 3.0)
or
2)Fractal Design Define R3

Does anyone had any experience with those cases? I'll get both with same price.

What are your reccomendations?

My Build:
Asrock 970 extreme 3
Corsair Hydro H60
Geforce 550ti Club3D 2Gb edition
Corsair 500w psu

Thanks alot!

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
wrong, look into which one has the best cooling, build quality, looks, and cabel management, which is very important, cables hanging everywhere obstructs airflow greatly.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
yea but did he say he wanted a "quick mod" just because i suggested he may want to look into features like a motherboard tray that has room behind it for cables or holes for wiring (which MANY cases have) he also said nothing about wanting to spend extra money on new fans, which many people dont, and just because they both have intake and exhaust doesnt mean they are equal. zip ties have their limits. and i also mentioned build quality, which is certainly not equal among all computer cases, i would crush many modern cases with my foot if i really felt like it, some others like mine, you could throw them down 3 story staircase and it would still be solid as a rock.

how is cooling fo r"noobs like you"? computers can easily overheat if nto cooled properly with the correct form of airflow for a specific case, which is not the same, depending on your parts like video cards and drives etc etc. and also, what if he finds anotrher case as an option he wants to look at, and it doesnt have the same exact fan arrangement, then is discussing airflow for noob like me?

also, just curious why you had to go and be a little trolling asshole when im simply suggesting things (that certainly DO matter) for the OP to think about when choosing a computer case? are you so pathetic that you have to lash out at people just trying to help?
if you will, please explain your hostility, maybe try to actually help the OP in the works?

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
oh boy here we go, i do know that, i have worked on MANY old computers, and you are right, they usually ran hotter, less fans, and have no space for wire managent, im going to be using a modded 10+ year old case for my next build, but you know what else old computers had? MUCH STURDIER AND MORE RESILIENT PARTS. they could deal with more heat and more voltage and all that crap. modern parts are much more fickle.

oh and not english? sorry, you work outside all day, then try typing on a cramped midget laptop keyboard for an hour helping people with their computer issues. instead of the occasional troll and whatever the hell else you do in your free time. and you would be surprised that if you actually pay attention and look at cases online, they differ greatly, i'll admit, usually there are more differences in the lower end market, but up in higher end range there are still differences in performance.

so, is the comment on my grammar (sorry i am trying to type fast on my laptop) just so you dont have to try to argue with it because you have no decent arguement for what i said because you know i was right, or is it just an excuse to complain some more?

adalott

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
To the OP: both cases are excellent with plenty of cooling performance out of the box. The Define R3 is what I suggest since it has sound dampening making it quieter. Other than that, get whichever you think looks nicest. As both have similar features.

adalott

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
To the above posters: As transistor distance becomes smaller e.g. 32nm to 22nm sandy bridge vs ivy bridge, components become more sensitive to voltage and heat, meaning better cooling is generally advisable.