Question Which Cleaner?

Skip Ellis

Reputable
Nov 17, 2016
Running Win 10 on HP 400-214 desktop upgraded to 12GB RAM and 500GB SSD hard drive. Have been using the free version of Advanced System Care (IoBit) for quite a while but saw some negative comments somewhere about it causing more trouble than it fixes (never had problems, myself) and thought I'd look at other options. A friend recommended CC Cleaner and I downloaded the trial version. It seems to work OK but this AM I ran it, then ran Advanced System Care. The advanced System Care seems to have gone a lot deeper and found more problems. I'd like to go ahead and buy the upgraded version of one of these but, now, don't know which is better.....or....is there something out there better that I don't know about? Suggestions appreciated but it should be known that I am retired and on somewhat of a budget.

Skip Ellis

Reputable
Nov 17, 2016
I just cloned my old HD onto the SSD - it works fine. Been using Advance System Care for weekly clean up of cache, malware, registry errors, etc. Just wondering if there was anything better. Not sure what you think re-installing the hard drive would do.

Best to just leave 'Advanced Bogus whatever' off of it after the full reinstall....; if it was a paid product, sorry, that does not mean it should be used. (Alas, that 'money ship' has sailed)

Stay out of registry cleaners, they are not needed...(I think these products prey on folks that remember WIn95 and 98 mostly..)

I do clean junk perhaps once per quarter with CCleaner, but, not sure even that is really useful....

D

Deleted member 14196

No cleaners are the best cleaners. From experience I found that they all cause problems even CC cleaner which I found to be horrible

To clean what ? System ? Registry ?, Files on disk ?
Best way is not to let it get "dirty", use a program uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller for instance, not only that it cleanly uninstall programs but also can delete all leftovers and Registry entries.
Windows Cleanup is still safest for system cleanup.
W10 ? Run these two lines in Command prompt (as Administrator) every now and then:
dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup /ResetBase