Which combination is better?

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
i'd reccomend the audigy2 with the Klipsch.. ONly because i know that the Audigy 2 is a pretty good sound card.. But i know that the Klipsch 5.1's are an INSANE pair of speakers!

Is THG Slightly Slacking??

jheine

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
It depends what your doing. The M-Audio is a nice hi-fi card suitable for audio engineering and recording, but gmaing may suffer, especially if you need a game port. Also, Surround sound is only available on the SPDIF In/Out, and the audio in/out use RCA jacks instead of 1/8" jacks like most sound cards. The Audigy 2 is better if you need an all-around card for music and gaming. You also get more extras like Firewire and the drive bay access panel.

I don't know about the speakers. I'm not really a computer-speaker kind of guy, prefering to jack into my other audio gear.

Jarrett

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new"><b><font color=red>Join The THGC Music Project</font color=red></b></A>

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
yeah i still say stick with the Audigy 2 and the Klipsch 5.1.. the loudness is so dam unbelieveable.. not only because they are loud, i mean the quality they have.. it's just a great set up speakers..

Is THG Slightly Slacking??

saulatz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Thanks for all ur input guys.. i think i'll go for audigy 2. haven't decided for the speakers yet... logitech one r new and i heard a lot of good things about them.... will do a little more research... :)