[SOLVED] Which come first? Drivers or Windows 10 updates?

Sep 20, 2020
So for my new build I'm using an install disc. I'm doing this instead of a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a flash drive because the install disc is for Windows 10 Enterprise. So the question is: Do I install updates before drivers; or drivers before updates. Thanks!

Solution
So the question is: Do I install updates before drivers; or drivers before updates. Thanks!

As soon as you log into windows it will start updating drivers, it just tries to be helpful. So running windows updates is a good idea but Windows also downloads drivers via the windows store so it might do it in the background anyway.
It is a good idea to check you have newest drivers after though. Its not perfect.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So the question is: Do I install updates before drivers; or drivers before updates. Thanks!

As soon as you log into windows it will start updating drivers, it just tries to be helpful. So running windows updates is a good idea but Windows also downloads drivers via the windows store so it might do it in the background anyway.
It is a good idea to check you have newest drivers after though. Its not perfect.

Reactions: charlie_c137
Solution