Which company is better Seagate or WD?

Solution
I don´t think you will get usefull answers here. Mostly because there is no correct answer to this.
Apparently both are good companies with good or very good reputations.

My PERSONAL opinion/experience is that I had three Seagate HDDs failing (or starting to fail) after 2 months of usage.
However, WD never disappointed me. So, I won´t be touching Seagate again anytime soon.
WD never disappointed me so far and I will stick with them.

But I bet there are exact opposite stories around.

Som3one

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
I don´t think you will get usefull answers here. Mostly because there is no correct answer to this.
Apparently both are good companies with good or very good reputations.

My PERSONAL opinion/experience is that I had three Seagate HDDs failing (or starting to fail) after 2 months of usage.
However, WD never disappointed me. So, I won´t be touching Seagate again anytime soon.
WD never disappointed me so far and I will stick with them.

But I bet there are exact opposite stories around.

Solution

choucove

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
This really is not a very good question for comparison. A Western Digital Caviar Black or RE4 hard drive is going to be better quality, performance, and reliability than a cheaper Seagate Barracuda drive. Likewise, a Seagate Barracuda XT is going to run circles around and have greater reliability than a Western Digital Green drive.

Each company has product lines which vary greatly depending upon the need and budget. It would be far more viable to ask for input comparing specific product lines instead of the companies themselves because there simply is no answer here.

TRENDING THREADS