Which company makes the best performance 780 card?

Arishok N7

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
There are so many different forms of the 780. I might upgrade to one, it's just which one should I upgrade to. It's quite simple, which one will give me the best frames in a game overall.

Solution

Asus Directcu ii , its not the fastest out of the box, but it is the fastest when overclocked to its maximum... also what is your budget? because if you really want the fastest then the evga kingpin or msi lightening is what you're really looking at

Jakez2012

Reputable
May 25, 2014
There isn't much difference between all gtx 780 models. Maybe 2 or 3 frames either way but you might benefit from more vram. The evga is a fan favorite and the one I would reccomend.

Leonell12

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013

Asus Directcu ii , its not the fastest out of the box, but it is the fastest when overclocked to its maximum... also what is your budget? because if you really want the fastest then the evga kingpin or msi lightening is what you're really looking at

Solution

The GPU is the same in all of them. The only difference is the PCB and cooler.

The best price/performance/temperature is the EVGA 780 w/ ACX Cooler.

The Asus one can't be the fastest when OC to the max anyway. It's actually lower-clocked by stock and the cooler is not as good when OC'd to the max. That would be best used with water cooling so that's a moot point.

The EVGA one that I mentioned is the best for you.

If you read my earlier posts, the GPU is the same in all of them. The only difference is the cooler and PCB. You'll have to research each one individually. For temperatures, I believe it goes like: EVGA ACX = Gigabyte Windforce < ASUS DirectCU II, MSI Twin Frozr < everything else. For power, they all use the same amount of power. Frames, it depends but you are looking at maybe 1-2 frames difference, so it's not a big deal. It's marginally larger for synthetic benchmarks and if you OC / Boost. Price is dependent in location and availability.

But there's no chart for comparing all of those because most are too subjective.