which component hard freeze my computer...NORTH BRIDGE HEAT SINK,RAM MEMORY ,HDD ,.... which never become normal until restart

salman Md

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014
mercury pi865d7 mother board ,512mb of ram ,p4 3.19 ,3.20 processor ..
my north bridge heat sink fell down see pic ...
my computer will run with no problem {for just browsing using mozilla]]] for 4 or 5 days after that it will hard freezes after 5 minutes of turning on ....
solution...
what i do is
step 1..just remove the ram and reinsert it.
step 2..reattach my north bridge heat by applying some cooling past
step 3..remove and reattach hdd cables

after doing above thing it again work for next 4 -5 days .........
KINDLY NOTE THAT THIS CYCLE IS RUNNING SINCE 1 MONTH.....

SO WHATS THE PROBLEM HERE

Solution
Heat is one of the enemies of a pc and dust one of the factors making temps go higher.A good clean out once a year would be a good thing to do.
Removing dust from the motherboard,but also from the fans and cpu cooler will help.There can be a "blanket" of dust between the fan and the cooling block for instance.

salman Md

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014

does dust on mother board can cause this problem ....actually i have removed cpu heatsink and applied some cooling paste ..and i saw that the whole area below cpu heat sink is full of dust and cant able to see any BUS ,transistors etc on mother board...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Heat is one of the enemies of a pc and dust one of the factors making temps go higher.A good clean out once a year would be a good thing to do.
Removing dust from the motherboard,but also from the fans and cpu cooler will help.There can be a "blanket" of dust between the fan and the cooling block for instance.

Solution