Question Which component is failing ?

Feb 17, 2019
Hello,

My PC started to be slow a few weeks ago (internet was no longer responding when I was playing at the same time, slower loading windows). At first it was just once in a while but a few days ago it became really constant and so I wanted to clean up thinking it was dusty. So I cleaned the fans (CG, processor and those to cool the pc) by passing a cloth to remove the dust. I then turned on my pc and decided to clean up with CCleaner but the bugs were not gone.
The next day everything got worse. When I launched internet, my pc stopped and put a blue screen (the stated problem was always different). Then I could not start it because it went into auto repair. So I tried every means of auto repair but nothing worked. Even the complete cleaning of the disc did not work. No matter what I chose, there was a crash and a blue screen was displayed. I tried the chckdsk and he told me after 3 hours that there was no problem except in step 5 where it could not be done. The sfc does not work either. When I put the command, the pc tells me that it can not be done.
So I deleted everything and I reinstalled windows 10. At first everything was working (except my second screen which was not detected, it was the same as my first screen and my pc was telling me that it did not detect other screen than the first). I decided not to touch anything and install all my programs the next day because it was late and I was tired.
The next day (this morning), I could not run windows anymore. The automatic repair has started and as before, no option works. I tried to disable the auto repair but it did not work.
I would like to know which component I should replace because I do not want to buy a new one for nothing.
The pc does not make any strange noise (except once before the problems begin, the fans started spinning quickly which made a big noise but it lasted 5 seconds and he never did it again), all the fans are working, the temperature is normal.
So I can not look if my hard drive is defective or not with crystaldiskinfo since I can not use my pc.

Here is my config:
Brand: Built by myself
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790K (4GHz and can go up to 4.4GHz with boost)
Graphic Card: AMD Radeon r9 380 (4GO)
RAM: 8GB ddr3 1866mhz
Hard disk: 1TB
Motherboard: MSI Z97 GAMING 5
Power supply: Be Quiet 600W

I have the pc since 3 years and never had a blue screen before.
I can not test the components on another PC.
Thank you

cewhidx

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
The best way to troubleshoot it is to go through each component one at a time. Try a different power supply. Try a different HDD, etc. until you find the culprit. You've already formatted and reinstalled windows so I'm doubting its a software or malware issue, but any one of a number of components can cause these problems when they aren't working correctly. My friend had a very similar problem a few years ago, and after much trial and error it turned out to be a bad graphics card. After a lengthy RMA, we swapped that out and it worked like a charm. Hope this helps.

Feb 17, 2019
The best way to troubleshoot it is to go through each component one at a time. Try a different power supply. Try a different HDD, etc. until you find the culprit. You've already formatted and reinstalled windows so I'm doubting its a software or malware issue, but any one of a number of components can cause these problems when they aren't working correctly. My friend had a very similar problem a few years ago, and after much trial and error it turned out to be a bad graphics card. After a lengthy RMA, we swapped that out and it worked like a charm. Hope this helps.
Yes but how can I try all these different things ? Because I don't know anybody who can give me a component.

ASK THE COMMUNITY