Which Component is making the noise?

NoelsTech

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
Hi, recently i've noticed a sound increase when i use my PC. Though there is no dust and everything is working, one of the other component is loud, not just when i game but its kind of loud in idle. I checked where the noise comes from but since my case is the TTURBAN S71 my Power Supply is at the bottom, which modern day case keep there PSU. But since i have an Exhaust fan and my AMD Stock CPU cooler close together, it's hard to tell which one it is. Though i think the CPU cooler is louder because many Theories i have read online were saying that Stock Coolers aren't very efficient, but i don't know what to do. If anyone has any ideas of which component is the loudest please leave a solution to this. Also i've been thinking of getting a Cooler Master 212 Evo since my socket is Amd FM2+ it could work but would it block any DIMM(ram slots) on a Micro-Atx motherboard which has two DIMM slots? Thank you!

Solution
If you are looking to reduce noise by using an aftermarket CPU cooler, don't use the 212 EVO. The CRYORIG M9a is cheaper, similar performing, smaller, quieter and easier to install.

Rexper

Respectable
BANNED
Apr 12, 2017
If you are looking to reduce noise by using an aftermarket CPU cooler, don't use the 212 EVO. The CRYORIG M9a is cheaper, similar performing, smaller, quieter and easier to install.

Solution