Which component to upgrade

• Thread starter Deleted member 1403140
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1403140

Im currently running a 1440p monitor and with some games im not getting the greatest performance running at 1440p. Here are my specs, im wondering what i should consider upgrading to boost performance, my CPU is quite old (about 4-5 years) however i dont know how much of a performance increase a new cpu would have?

gtx 1070 8gb
i5 4670k 4.2ghz
256gb ssd
1tb hdd
16gb ram
gigabyte z87-hd3 motherboard

Solution
You are looking very good with your current rig. I would not update the CPU unless you also updated the MB - but that would be a big expense and not much of a performance improvement.

Your GPU will give you good performance at 1440 but you may have to lower some setting to run a higher refresh rates. I have a 1080ti and a 1440 monitor and I have to lower the vsync to 72hz or 60hz in some games. (AC Origins and Farcry5) GEFORCE Experience usually auto sets the best settings for games based on my hardware.

I think you are OK. Play with your settings and wait for the 400 series MBs to upgrade.

ehmkec

Reputable
Aug 31, 2017
You are looking very good with your current rig. I would not update the CPU unless you also updated the MB - but that would be a big expense and not much of a performance improvement.

Your GPU will give you good performance at 1440 but you may have to lower some setting to run a higher refresh rates. I have a 1080ti and a 1440 monitor and I have to lower the vsync to 72hz or 60hz in some games. (AC Origins and Farcry5) GEFORCE Experience usually auto sets the best settings for games based on my hardware.

I think you are OK. Play with your settings and wait for the 400 series MBs to upgrade.

Solution
D

Deleted member 1403140

Thanks guys:) ill continue to mess with my settings, i can usually maintain 60fps its just in games where i want to go higher i struggle sometimes

D

Deleted member 1403140

Any good guides on overclocking that you know about? I didnt overclock it myself the first time

D

Deleted member 1403140

Thank you ill take a look when i get some time and see if i can push it a little further