Which components are gone?

MYS

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
About a month ago I was playing Battlefield 3 on my computer when all of a sudden my computer had turned off, I thought it must've overheated ( it was like a 38 Degree Celsius day ) I let it cool with a cold fan blowing on it and every 10 or so minutes i felt it til it was cold I proceeded to turn on my computer.. nothing happened when I pressed the power button

I took it apart and put it back together and still nothing had happened, I googled around and it said that my motherboard was blown so I was like oh alright, no big deal because my brother let him borrow his old computer which I then put my harddrive, graphics card and one of sticks of ram. Around about a week ago I decided to see if my quad core cpu still worked so I put it into the current computer I was using, It worked so I was happy.

Today I was playing GTA IV when this computer had turned off on me I quickly took it apart putting a fan on it hoping it was just over heated, I cooled every part down and I put the computer back together and the same issue. The LED light on the motherboard is constantly lit up when the power cord is plugged into the power supply.

I need to know what parts are gone cause I'm on a really tight budget of around $150, am I better off just waiting and saving up to get a new cpu, motherboard and graphics card?

Solution
both power supply wont turn on ether board?? if both mb wont post with one dimm and a cpu installed then the gpu may have fried them both. I would see if the mb can be rma to the vendor. some mb have 5 year warranties on them. also ask a computer store or a friend if they have a post it card. it a small card that show you where the mb is hanging on post. (make sure when your debugging you use another video card for testing to rule out your gpu.) if the mb have two video slots try the video card in the other slot. new mb wont beep unless you put a speaker on them.
it could be that your overheating the gpu and it shut down. if it did the mb wont turn on till you clear the cmos. if i had to point i would say the gpu overheated and shorted out both rigs. i would see if your old pc will boot if you clear the cmos and try booting from on board video if it has it.

MYS

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

I just cleared the cmos, nothing happened no beep codes or nothing with just the cpu in.

both power supply wont turn on ether board?? if both mb wont post with one dimm and a cpu installed then the gpu may have fried them both. I would see if the mb can be rma to the vendor. some mb have 5 year warranties on them. also ask a computer store or a friend if they have a post it card. it a small card that show you where the mb is hanging on post. (make sure when your debugging you use another video card for testing to rule out your gpu.) if the mb have two video slots try the video card in the other slot. new mb wont beep unless you put a speaker on them.

Solution

MYS

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

Should I purchase 2 new motherboard and a graphics card?

MYS

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

It was the cpu that was burning the cpu sockets, nothing is covered under warranty so I just need to get a new cpu and 2 motherboards

TRENDING THREADS