[SOLVED] Which components to upgrade, if any?

Nov 9, 2020
I`ve currently got an i5-8400 and a gtx 1060 6gb in my phanteks evloo ITX build, which is my first ever. Only tampering ive ever done with it is installing a m2 ssd, which took me wayyy too long. At the moment im planning on getting the new Assassins creed, which im not entirely sure itll run at high quality. Should i upgrade the cpu or the gpu, if any of them?

Solution
The power supply is a Cooler master b500 v2, 500w basic model. I have no frame of reference on whether or not that is enough, but is it?
Yeah that's why I asked....not good. Consider what CPU and GPU you want for upgrades and then choose a higher quality power supply at the appropriate wattage to meet those demands. If you need help selecting one, list your projected upgrades and someone here can recommend a good PSU for you.
I`ve currently got an i5-8400 and a gtx 1060 6gb in my phanteks evloo ITX build, which is my first ever. Only tampering ive ever done with it is installing a m2 ssd, which took me wayyy too long. At the moment im planning on getting the new Assassins creed, which im not entirely sure itll run at high quality. Should i upgrade the cpu or the gpu, if any of them?
What about the power supply? Brand? Model? Age? This is the first consideration before any upgrades.

ysDlexia

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020
Assuming you have a good quality PSU and more than 8 gigs of RAM, I’d recommend a GPU upgrade before CPU if you’ll be gaming a lot. Make sure you have everything else in check first, though. A quality PSU, and 16 gigs of DDR4 RAM are necessary nowadays.

Nov 9, 2020
Assuming you have a good quality PSU and more than 8 gigs of RAM, I’d recommend a GPU upgrade before CPU if you’ll be gaming a lot. Make sure you have everything else in check first, though. A quality PSU, and 16 gigs of DDR4 RAM are necessary nowadays.
Ive got 16 gb of ram, and a basic 500w psu from coolermaster

The power supply is a Cooler master b500 v2, 500w basic model. I have no frame of reference on whether or not that is enough, but is it?
Yeah that's why I asked....not good. Consider what CPU and GPU you want for upgrades and then choose a higher quality power supply at the appropriate wattage to meet those demands. If you need help selecting one, list your projected upgrades and someone here can recommend a good PSU for you.

Solution
Nov 9, 2020
Say i would like to upgrade the gpu to the next gens mid-range card, what type of psu would i look for?

ILi0vski

Commendable
Oct 27, 2020
Is your proccessor overclocked? If not i think you should definitely overclock it
i think that you should buy a new graphics card because you have a pretty good proccessor which can be oc-ed to 4Ghz and you can get more FPS and performance with new graphics card.If you are on a budget, I suggest you buying 1660 super and upgrading your ram to 16 ram 3200Mhz if you dont have it already.

Nov 9, 2020
Is your proccessor overclocked? If not i think you should definitely overclock it
i think that you should buy a new graphics card because you have a pretty good proccessor which can be oc-ed to 4Ghz and you can get more FPS and performance with new graphics card.If you are on a budget, I suggest you buying 1660 super and upgrading your ram to 16 ram 3200Mhz if you dont have it already.
is it possible to overclock the i5 8400?

Cheers, any idea how hard it is to swap psus?
It's a simple process. If you familiarize yourself with the cables that are connected now it will be very easy to change them. There's only a few cables so take one at a time a route it through whatever access holes there are in your case to give the system a clean appearance. If you buy a modular unit you only connect the ones that are necessary so it will be easier. Never re-use old cables. Always use the cables that come with a new unit.

Reactions: ILi0vski