[SOLVED] Which configuration would you choose and why?

MLLapan1

Honorable
Apr 4, 2017
I have offer to choose one of 3 prebuilts, maybe I could change some parts Inside, but here are the offers...

CPU: Intel i7 9700KF
COOLER MASTER EVO 212
Mobo: ASUS Z390-P
RAM: 64GB 3000 MHz DDR4 Gskill TridetZ
SSD: SASMUNG EVO970 PLUS NVME 500GB
SSD2 APACER M2 NVME 500GB 2000/1500MB
Graphic: GTX 1660TI 6GB DDR6
PSU: SEASONIC GC650 650W 80+GOLD
Box: MS WINSTON USB3.0
-
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700k
RAM: 64GB HyperX 4x16GB 3200MHz
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
Mobo: Asus prime Z390-A
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 Super Inno3D
PSU: Inter-Tech Energon 750W
Box: Inter-Tech S-3901 Impulse
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
-
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Water Cooling Alseye 120mm
RAM: 64GB HyperX 4x16GB 3200MHz
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
Mobo: MSI X570 A PRO
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 Super Inno3D
PSU: Inter-Tech Energon 750W
Box: Inter-Tech S-3901 Impulse

Solution
I'm on the fence. None of the above is very balanced. With music production and editing there's 2 factors that are beneficial, core count and clock speeds. The Intel has the speed benefit, but the Amd has the core benefit.

Unfortunately, all have drawbacks. #1 being smaller primary drive, totally unacceptable cpu cooler. #2 PSU! Downgraded gpu, and again, lousy cooler. #3 they must be trying desperately to get rid of that PSU, yes it's that bad, and a cheap 120mm AIO that's realistically no better than the hyper212, and the same downgraded gpu.

Honestly, take the best parts of all 3 builds, and go buy the parts yourself. You'll be happier with the end results.
What do you plan on using this system for? Neither of those Inter-tech units are probably reliable, so if you go for a system with that PSU you should definitely replace that. If you don't want the hassle of that, get the first system. For gaming, it's mostly fine.

MLLapan1

Honorable
Apr 4, 2017
What do you plan on using this system for? Neither of those Inter-tech units are probably reliable, so if you go for a system with that PSU you should definitely replace that. If you don't want the hassle of that, get the first system. For gaming, it's mostly fine.
Which PSU would you recommend?

For music production, you must go with the cpu that gives you the best single thread power
which will be the intel, so i7 9xxx is a good choice

Also shektron is right about the PSU, i would recomend you use the seasonic one, which is a good PSU

personally I see no reason for the 64gb Ram, 32 is fine, but that's up to you (trident is good)

Both 1st and 2nd builds are good, but don't use that intertech PSU

Depending on what games you play, you may want a beefier GPU, but the 1660(ti) is still a good option

Reactions: MLLapan1

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'm on the fence. None of the above is very balanced. With music production and editing there's 2 factors that are beneficial, core count and clock speeds. The Intel has the speed benefit, but the Amd has the core benefit.

Unfortunately, all have drawbacks. #1 being smaller primary drive, totally unacceptable cpu cooler. #2 PSU! Downgraded gpu, and again, lousy cooler. #3 they must be trying desperately to get rid of that PSU, yes it's that bad, and a cheap 120mm AIO that's realistically no better than the hyper212, and the same downgraded gpu.

Honestly, take the best parts of all 3 builds, and go buy the parts yourself. You'll be happier with the end results.

Reactions: Shektron
Solution