[SOLVED] Which console to choose PS4, PS4 PRO, XBOX ONE S or XBOX ONE X

Bharathp220

Honorable
Nov 12, 2014
I have a ps3 with me which is not working right now, is it worth to purchase ps4 pro or xbox one x.

Performance wise xbox one x is faster compared to ps4 pro, but ps4 pro has more exclusive games and also 4k television is a must for both consoles. I have sony 55 inch 4k HDR Android tv with me, but a lot of people are saying that 4k gaming has to improve a lot. Even computers which have graphic cards that support 4k show less improvements. So if I purchase ps4 slim over pro or one x is it a bad deal or should I purchase ps4 pro to fully utilize the overall 1080p graphic detail. I am totally confused!!!

Solution
As you'll see, you can debate the pros/cons of each and never really get anywhere.

The XBOX is technically superior but, stepping up from a PS3, both would be substantial upgrades.
"true"(ish) vs upscaled 4K, 4K BluRay etc only matter if you're going to use the functionality.
Hypothetically, if you have a 1080p TV and own zero BluRays (4K or otherwise), those features don't mean much.

There's nothing wrong with upscaling to 4K... That's what your cable/sat does already (although they likely upscale from 720p or 1080i).
Despite the claims, we're still a generation or two away from "true" 4K/60Hz, regardless of the console concerned.

Compare exclusives, is there one console with a greater volume of exclusives that you're interested...

Lutfij

Titan
If the titles you want to game on are supported on only one of the two platforms, you should let that be a deciding factor. Otherwise both are great units. For example, I had an affinity towards the Gran Turismo series which meant I needed a PS console. Cross platform gaming is also possible on both units.

I have One X, PS4 Pro and PC. I rarely touch the consoles now but I wish I didn't buy the Xbox. It is more powerful than the PS4 but pretty much any game available for it is on Windows. I like the PS4 for the exclusives H:ZD, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Spiderman.....

In my view there is not a ‘best’ generally, there is what suits you. If exclusives are important use that as a deciding factor. If 4K is most important then the One X has the edge. The One X also supports UHD Bly-Ray which may or may not be of interest.

cpmackenzi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2014
Most important, if you say 4K matters to you, definitely don't buy the machines that don't support it. No point in buying the regular PS4 because it doesn't support 4K. Same goes for Xbox One S.

eccy_uk

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
Hey folks Has anybody heard of a company called "game markt.com ?? They are apparently based in Surrey, England and have a Facebook page. They have Emailed me saying that this is legitimate price with legitamte 1 years guarantee.. it just seems to good to be true??

Nov 15, 2018
I agree with your opinion on 4k gaming as it still has to improve a lot. For the console only you can give the best answer, based on which platform your friends played on and the titles you love to play are the two important factors

What price, what item?

The Xbox X and S both have a 4K blu ray player and the X is the most powerful console now. I’d get the X but then again I’m not a fan of PS exclusives. They all seem to be reskins of the same 3rd person Action Adventure sandbox game which aren’t as good as the Arkham games and tomb raiders games whilst also nkt being as fun as Just Cause.

In terms of performance, the Xbox and PS4 perform equally.

PS4 Pro: supports PSVR (which I somewhat recommend, it’s alright) and supports 4K. Also has Read Dead Redemption 2 as well as Spider Man, very good games.
Xbox one X: upscales output to 4K.
Xbox one S: supports full native 4K displays, also has a blu ray player

I personally like Xbox better as a console, I like the controllers more as well as the UI.

The Xbox One X performs significantly better than the PS4 Pro. A lot more games run at native 4K or closer to it.

The X and S also have a 4K blu ray player compared to the PS4/Pros standard player.

The Xbox also has Red dead 2. Where did you get the idea it was a PS4 exclusive?

No clue, I’m wrong tho. Sorry.

I didn’t mention exclusives but would argue that PS exclusives are just bad versions of 3rd party titles. He is not getting a PC so “can get them on PC” isn’t an argument. On top of that it depends what games you play. All PS4 exclusives are the same 3rd person action adventure game in a different skin. If you want a good driving game you’re SOL.

The guy is using it for a 4K TV. The X offers 4K on more games than the PS4, it offers freesync and it offers a 4K Blu-ray drive which the PS4 does not. Overall the X is a more capable system with more features than the Pro.

Nobody uses blu ray anymore, and from the info I’m getting PS4 Pro is better at 4K than the Xbox. PS4 does have better exclusives. Any game available on Xbox is available on PS4, but not the other way around. PS4 also is VR ready, so if he’s looking for a VR experience down the line that’s also available.

To quote Techradar.com : “Winner: Tie. PS4 Pro has a better game library, but games look better on Xbox One X.”

Not everything is about performance. The PS4 Pro performs worse at 4K, but offers many more titles, VR support, etc. It really boils down to this

“Are you looking forward to playing with friends. Which console do they have?”
“What games are you looking to play? Which platform supports them?”

The PS4 is cheaper, and has more options for play styles. I’d recommend going for the PS4, but if you have the budget then go for the Xbox. I personally like Xbox more, but in this case I think the PS4 might win.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
As you'll see, you can debate the pros/cons of each and never really get anywhere.

The XBOX is technically superior but, stepping up from a PS3, both would be substantial upgrades.
"true"(ish) vs upscaled 4K, 4K BluRay etc only matter if you're going to use the functionality.
Hypothetically, if you have a 1080p TV and own zero BluRays (4K or otherwise), those features don't mean much.

There's nothing wrong with upscaling to 4K... That's what your cable/sat does already (although they likely upscale from 720p or 1080i).
Despite the claims, we're still a generation or two away from "true" 4K/60Hz, regardless of the console concerned.

Compare exclusives, is there one console with a greater volume of exclusives that you're interested in (not just numbers of exclusives) than the other? If so, that should answer your question.

Do you also own a PC? A half-decent spec'd PC? Remember, most(all?) XBox titles are available for Windows too.

Ultimately, despite the technical spec, or the exclusives etc, some people have a preference for one over the other.
There's nothing 'wrong' with that and, if you're a Playstation fan, go for it.

Solution