[SOLVED] Which console to choose PS4, PS4 PRO, XBOX ONE S or XBOX ONE X

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bharathp220

Honorable
Nov 12, 2014
I have a ps3 with me which is not working right now, is it worth to purchase ps4 pro or xbox one x.

Performance wise xbox one x is faster compared to ps4 pro, but ps4 pro has more exclusive games and also 4k television is a must for both consoles. I have sony 55 inch 4k HDR Android tv with me, but a lot of people are saying that 4k gaming has to improve a lot. Even computers which have graphic cards that support 4k show less improvements. So if I purchase ps4 slim over pro or one x is it a bad deal or should I purchase ps4 pro to fully utilize the overall 1080p graphic detail. I am totally confused!!!

Solution
As you'll see, you can debate the pros/cons of each and never really get anywhere.

The XBOX is technically superior but, stepping up from a PS3, both would be substantial upgrades.
"true"(ish) vs upscaled 4K, 4K BluRay etc only matter if you're going to use the functionality.
Hypothetically, if you have a 1080p TV and own zero BluRays (4K or otherwise), those features don't mean much.

There's nothing wrong with upscaling to 4K... That's what your cable/sat does already (although they likely upscale from 720p or 1080i).
Despite the claims, we're still a generation or two away from "true" 4K/60Hz, regardless of the console concerned.

Compare exclusives, is there one console with a greater volume of exclusives that you're interested...

TRENDING THREADS