Question Which Cooler for this Rig?

Jun 18, 2023
All i need is a cooler for the R7 7700x, originally i was going with the LT720 from Deepcool, is that fine?

Or can it be an Air Cooler as well? Would be cheaper option.
The only issue here i have with air cooling, all air coolers i've looked into, where huge and massive dimensions and would cover up the RAM.
I don't want the RAM covered up tho o_O

Rig is going to be and already own:

CPU: R7 7700x
Mainboard: B650 Tomahawk WiFi
Case: CH560 Digital Deepcool
Storage: 2TB 970 Evo Plus + 1TB 970 Evo Plus
PSU: 850W Be Quiet Pure Power
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 6000 CL30
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ 7800XT

Edit: Also one question, i do have these usb sticks [Sandisk 64GB USB 3.0] owned already few months ago, are they fine to flash bios or need 32GB? Seen few Youtube Videos saying go max 32GB.

Edit2: Figured out i couldn't even format to FAT32, had to partition first, so sticked in usb, went with windows + x then disk management. choose the drive to format and put in 32000 to partition, now its 26gb left.

turtletarget111

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
Your original Cooler from DeepCool will be more than adequate for your chip and will work just fine. If you wanted an AIO at a cheaper price, take a look at the Cooler Master Liquid ML360L. It's a little cheaper than your current selection at $120.00. Alternatively, you could, grab the 240 size, which costs almost half as much as the DeepCool. If you want to save even more money and not have to deal with the reliability concerns of a water cooler, the Noctua NH-U12S is a solid mid-size air cooler. Both the Noctua and Cooler Master 240 will be able to cool the Ryzen 7 7700X with no problems. Hope this helped, take care.

Misgar

Notable
Mar 2, 2023
Although the Noctua NH-D15 is big, if I need to change RAM, I just unclip the front fan from the heatsink and pull out/plug in the DIMMs.

The picture below shows a side view of the NH-D15 with the front fan removed to access the DIMM slots. If you have tall DIMMs, you can raise the front fan to clear the top of the RAM and clip it back on to the heatsink, or fit the fan to the back of the unit.
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/noctua-nh-d15s/5.html

installed5.jpg

Edit2. The default format program in Windows normally restricts you to 32GB in FAT32. By default, you'll be offered exFAT or NTFS for 64GB drives and above. Most BIOS update programs prefer FAT32 for the image file drive. Hence the "32GB limit" for USB update drives.

If you want to format a memory card or USB drive with a capacity greater than 32GB with FAT32, try this program. No need to partition. You just get one large logical drive.
https://fat32-format.en.softonic.com/