[SOLVED] which cooling system is better 240mm or air cooler for ryzen 9 3900x or 3950x?

Brijesh Sundi

Distinguished
May 14, 2014
I have only the option of 240mm radiator as my case supports only 240mm and i am planning to setup a new build with ryzen 9 3900x(Confirmed) or ryzen 9 3950x(MAY BE!! In future) should I go for 240mm radiator?
OR I should go for be quiet's dark rock pro 4(air cooler)? but I am not sure whether it (be quiet's DRP 4) will fit on my case or not? I am posting my case link that will help you guys to figure it out for me

My Cabinate

Solution
The Dark rock pro 4 is 163mm tall. Your case only supports coolers up to 159mm tall. So unless there are other high performance air coolers available to you, like some of the Noctua and Thermalright products, you may have to stick to a good 240mm AIO which should be plenty for either of those CPUs if you are not intending to try any overclocking AND if you don't try to get away with some kind of cheap, budget 240mm unit. It will need to be a 240mm AIO that is known for good quality and performance.
The Dark rock pro 4 is 163mm tall. Your case only supports coolers up to 159mm tall. So unless there are other high performance air coolers available to you, like some of the Noctua and Thermalright products, you may have to stick to a good 240mm AIO which should be plenty for either of those CPUs if you are not intending to try any overclocking AND if you don't try to get away with some kind of cheap, budget 240mm unit. It will need to be a 240mm AIO that is known for good quality and performance.

Reactions: Brijesh Sundi
Solution

Brijesh Sundi

Distinguished
May 14, 2014
so?is it ok to have 240mm radiator for ryzen 9 39XX?(with out any problem) I am little bit worried about the temperatures

For that budget, this is about the best cooler I see available in your region right now. Keep in mind, everything right now is a bit more expensive than normal due to the supply chain problems related to Covid 19. Nothing was coming out of China for about four months, and that takes its tool especially on things like motherboards, CPU coolers, power supplies and fans, that are ALL primarily (And in some cases, like power supplies) manufactured in China.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i PRO 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (₹11799.00 @ Amazon India)
Total: ₹11799.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-18 23:22 IST+0530