[SOLVED] Which CPU better AMD Ryzen or Intel ?

Omar20019

Prominent
May 7, 2019
I'm about to buy new laptop but I am confused between AMD Ryzen and Intel CPU based on the quality.
Can you explain to me please ?

Solution
I'm about to buy new laptop but I am confused between AMD Ryzen and Intel CPU based on the quality.
From all I can tell...do not buy laptop based on CPU alone. Look at all the features the laptop offers and the price you're paying to make a decision. Also look at reviews, they can be very important.

IMO, CPU quality is irrelevant as there are so many other variables mixed into how the laptop mfr. implements a design. For instance...some CPU's are super powerful but only get to showcase it for a few seconds before the laptop BIOS pulls back on clocks to assure a long life while keeping the battery small for lighter weight. On the other hand, a laptop that's fairly heavy with a bigger battery may...

sonofjesse

Distinguished
What is better Ford vs Chevy? Honda vs Toyota? F350 vs prius?

The question is what are you needing from the computer?
What is your budget?

You want to find the best value for your money that will do the thing you want it to do.

Lots more information and we can try to assist you.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
based on the quality
Quality of what? It's a laptop. Doesn't really matter AMD or Intel, they perform roughly the same, if you stay at the same level. Obviously a high grade amd will be better than a low grade Intel, or vice-versa.

So it really falls into which laptop covers your wants. That means monitor size, power efficiency, battery run time, monitor resolution, storage, ram etc.

The laptop that fills your personal wants/needs as far as use goes will be far better value than deciding on Intel or AMD based cpu as a criteria.

From all I can tell...do not buy laptop based on CPU alone. Look at all the features the laptop offers and the price you're paying to make a decision. Also look at reviews, they can be very important.

IMO, CPU quality is irrelevant as there are so many other variables mixed into how the laptop mfr. implements a design. For instance...some CPU's are super powerful but only get to showcase it for a few seconds before the laptop BIOS pulls back on clocks to assure a long life while keeping the battery small for lighter weight. On the other hand, a laptop that's fairly heavy with a bigger battery may let it's mid-powered CPU run at higher clocks longer, offering better sustained performance. Either laptop can be desireable, it depends on your useage.

Reviews will help you determine which design compromises a mfr. has made, and which makes more sense to your use case.

Solution