[SOLVED] Which cpu coolers will fit in my case?

xxhunterspainxx

Prominent
May 11, 2018
I'm looking for a decent cpu cooler for my ryzen 5 2600x since I'm planning to put it at 4.1-4.2ghz.
But i don't know if the cooler will fit or not(I also accept advice to choose a better cooler).

My current case is Aerocool Quartz USB 3.0 LED RGB(my mobo is the MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON) and I was planning to put something like the Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B. What do you think guys?

Solution
The PH-TC14CS and the PH-TC14PE share the same mount, and apart from what websites say (many don't keep up with older coolers and this one has been around since 2012) you'd think by now that current stock would include an AM4 bracket. Barring that, you could always ask Phanteks to send you one, and failing that,
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi8_ayA1qPgAhVnT98KHYk1C1AQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.overclockers.co.uk%2Fphanteks-ph-tc14pe-ph-tc14s-ph-tc12ls-tc14cs-am4-cooler-bracket-hs-018-pt.html&psig=AOvVaw1_kPK_HVfrV_A2XE36TQJJ&ust=1549424448945901
As they do exist. That cooler comes in several actual colors, not just blue, I believe there is also black, red, white.

xxhunterspainxx

Prominent
May 11, 2018

Will those coolers allow me to oc my 2600x at 4.1-4.2 ghz with good temps?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You aren't spoiled for choice with that case and cooler height restrictions. There's very few decent coolers good enough for higher OC heat. Considering differences in what the cpu will actually require to get those speeds and the voltages for stable use, the H7 should be fine, if pushing slightly higher than you want temps. You'd probably have to move to a 240mm liquid cooler to get better temps as there's not much in the way of low profile coolers that are designed for OC.

That's also assuming you can actually get those speeds, every cpu is dependent on the cpu lottery, you might cap out at 4.0GHz

xxhunterspainxx

Prominent
May 11, 2018

I can find h7/luma/plus for 41-50€(45-57$) i think its not a bad deal. I also noticed that noctua nh-c14s is a low profile that performs near nh-d15 but the price is 80€. I also remember to see some low profile Scythe's that were in a high tier while being low profile. But idk which would be the "best performance for less €" in a range of 40-60€

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The C14S is a great cooler, it's low profile because of the downdraft style. 115mm if the fan is under, 142mm if the fan is on top. Which means you'd be running the fan under the heatsink, as you'd have a clean CM of space for the fan to draw air, which isn't a lot for its airflow needs. Could probably add a low profile, 11mm fan on top as well as the standard 25mm faun under, but now you are looking at closer to €100 overall. Not ideal.

The best, short scythe is the Fuma Rev.b, 140mm tall. The problem that heatsink has is the front mount fan has almost no ram clearance at all, if you run any kind of heatsink, it won't fit right. Fantastic little cooler, better than the H7, but very limited in application. The H7 is offset, has Zero issues with ram.

Something like this would also work, cheaper than the Noctua.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Phanteks - PH-TC14CS_BL 78.09 CFM CPU Cooler (€49.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €49.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-04 23:48 CET+0100

xxhunterspainxx

Prominent
May 11, 2018

Is that cooler compatible with am4?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The PH-TC14CS and the PH-TC14PE share the same mount, and apart from what websites say (many don't keep up with older coolers and this one has been around since 2012) you'd think by now that current stock would include an AM4 bracket. Barring that, you could always ask Phanteks to send you one, and failing that,
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi8_ayA1qPgAhVnT98KHYk1C1AQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.overclockers.co.uk%2Fphanteks-ph-tc14pe-ph-tc14s-ph-tc12ls-tc14cs-am4-cooler-bracket-hs-018-pt.html&psig=AOvVaw1_kPK_HVfrV_A2XE36TQJJ&ust=1549424448945901
As they do exist. That cooler comes in several actual colors, not just blue, I believe there is also black, red, white.

Solution