which cpu do I get???

Solution
X99 uses the LGA 2011-v3 socket, so you would have to go with a 6800K,6850K, 6900K, etc. with that socket. The 6700k is a LGA 1151 socket so you can't use it on that board. Depending on how much video editing you do depends on how much you want to spend on a processor. If you do more gaming get a 6800K as even that is pretty overkill for most games, but if you do more editing or do a lot of editing you'll want the best processor you can afford, so if you can only afford the 6800K get that or if you can afford a little more like the 6850K, go for that, if you have an outlandish budget the 6950X is the best processor out there right now, but will set you back about $1600. (Ouch!)

Please specify again which model of board that is, I do...

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
X99 uses the LGA 2011-v3 socket, so you would have to go with a 6800K,6850K, 6900K, etc. with that socket. The 6700k is a LGA 1151 socket so you can't use it on that board. Depending on how much video editing you do depends on how much you want to spend on a processor. If you do more gaming get a 6800K as even that is pretty overkill for most games, but if you do more editing or do a lot of editing you'll want the best processor you can afford, so if you can only afford the 6800K get that or if you can afford a little more like the 6850K, go for that, if you have an outlandish budget the 6950X is the best processor out there right now, but will set you back about $1600. (Ouch!)

Please specify again which model of board that is, I do not believe there is an MSI X99 G1. G1 Boards are typically Gigabyte, whereas MSI boards are usually PRO, GAMING, ARMOR, etc.

Solution