[SOLVED] Which CPU fan can I get for ram clearance?

pindrought

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2013
I have a ASUS H110M-K with a 7700k in it.

I ordered a Be Quiet! Dark Pro 4, but the problem is it blocks the first of the two ram slots in this motherboard.

Anyone have any ideas on a CPU fan I can order where this wont be an issue?

Solution
You're missing out on a lot of potential from your platform by pairing the K suffix processor with an H110 chipset motherboard. If I were you you, I'd have gone with a Z170/Z270 chipset with a dual channel DDR4-3200MHz ram kit to bring out the best of your investments. As of this moment, you can't overclock the processor and you can't go higher than DDR4-2400MHz on the rams.

As for cooler suggestions, you can go with a Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim or an AIO to avoid encroaching on the ram slots. Make and model of your case?

Lutfij

Titan
You're missing out on a lot of potential from your platform by pairing the K suffix processor with an H110 chipset motherboard. If I were you you, I'd have gone with a Z170/Z270 chipset with a dual channel DDR4-3200MHz ram kit to bring out the best of your investments. As of this moment, you can't overclock the processor and you can't go higher than DDR4-2400MHz on the rams.

As for cooler suggestions, you can go with a Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim or an AIO to avoid encroaching on the ram slots. Make and model of your case?

Solution