[SOLVED] Which CPU is better for me ?

OrdJk

Reputable
Jul 26, 2019
Ryzen 5 3600 vs Ryzen 7 2700x

I want to stream/game and I want to be able to run multiple programs in the background however I also want good performance in games.
Motherboard - (b450 strix f gaming)
If you have any suggestions/advice in this specific field please do tell me it

Solution
Remember that you need to previously update your mobo's bios to use the ryzen 5 3600 (if you haven't already). Instead to use ryzen 7 2700x you can use it directly.

Unless its GPU is high-end, gaming performance will be similar and the ryzen 7 2700x will win multitasking. If your GPU is very powerful the ryzen 5 3600 will be a little better in games.

I think that with the 2700x they include a better cooler.

If updating the bios is a problem for you, choose the 2700x. Otherwise, you can take either one without fear of being wrong.
Remember that you need to previously update your mobo's bios to use the ryzen 5 3600 (if you haven't already). Instead to use ryzen 7 2700x you can use it directly.

Unless its GPU is high-end, gaming performance will be similar and the ryzen 7 2700x will win multitasking. If your GPU is very powerful the ryzen 5 3600 will be a little better in games.

I think that with the 2700x they include a better cooler.

If updating the bios is a problem for you, choose the 2700x. Otherwise, you can take either one without fear of being wrong.

Reactions: OrdJk
Solution