[SOLVED] Which cpu is better?

Solution
I thought about that too, but then i realized that 100MHz of diference probably wont translate to more than a few (1...., 2, maybe 4 with luck) FPS at the most, but yeah it may be slightly faster on some esports titles.
Well it’s more than 100Mhz as the 6100 is 3.7 base and the the Xeon is 3.6 boost which it won’t maintain for long, you’re looking at a .3-.4 GHz difference. Plus the 6100 has 3 gens of improvements to IPC and a 8nm process advantage.
If I had to guess, based on thier datasheet, then i will said the Xeon e3 1225v2 should be better.

Reason why is: It has a bigger L3 cache, and 4 cores/threads physical cores (vs the 2 physical cores and 4 logical threads of the i3)

The i3 have DDR4 support and a tiny better GPU, but for such a low level cpu it wont really make a diference after all.

Keep in mind you may need a better cooling solution for the Xeon, in other words a more capable cooler.

I t will have been a diferent history if you were to compare a core i3 8100, or a core i5 gen 6, 7 or 8.

Cheers

I thought about that too, but then i realized that 100MHz of diference probably wont translate to more than a few (1...., 2, maybe 4 with luck) FPS at the most, but yeah it may be slightly faster on some esports titles.
Well it’s more than 100Mhz as the 6100 is 3.7 base and the the Xeon is 3.6 boost which it won’t maintain for long, you’re looking at a .3-.4 GHz difference. Plus the 6100 has 3 gens of improvements to IPC and a 8nm process advantage.

Solution

My bad, youre right about that, 3.4GHz vs 3.7 GHz (theres your 300MHz diference) but only when you compare all core frecuency, and 3.6Ghz vs 3.7GHz when you compare 1 or 2 cores vs 1 or 2 cores, theres the 100MHz I was talkig about.
Still the Xeon have 4 physical cores while the i3 only have 2, and the L3 cache is also bigger on the Xeon which may compensate any small frecuency diference between the two when you only use 1 or 2 cores.

Current games need 4 cores minimum, 6 cores recommended. Unless he's playing very outdated games, the Xeon is all around better.