I'm gonna make this short.

My laptop: Samsung RC730
Current Cpu: i5-2430M
(Cpu is changeable!)

Motherboard ID:
63-0100-000001-00101111-061610-Chipset WD178008

BIOS Type: AMI EFI
BIOS Version: 02WD.M007.20110810.PSA
BIOS Manufacturer: American Megatrends Inc.

CPU Chipset: Intel Sandy Bridge-MB IMC
CPU Alias: Sandy Bridge-MB
Package Typ: 988 Pin rPGA

I guess that's enough Information for now.

Is the CPU upgradeable?
(If Yes) Which CPU would come to the Picture?

-Volkan-

Solution
You could try the i7 from that generation, but it is possible it would overheat as ZRace stated. More effective to buy a new laptop.

The new 8th gen i5 are quad cores with hyperthreading. They blow the old dual core with hyperthreading i5 out of the water, you could also look at some mobile i3 for less cost, but they would have a similar performance range to your i5.

ZRace

Commendable
May 12, 2017
Technically it would be upgradable, yes. However, the cooling solution of your device might not be able to handle a more powerful CPU.

Also, many manufacturers don't support any other CPU models on their laptops, so unless there's something like a cracked/unlocked BIOS for your system, it might just not boot at all after the upgrade.

If you can get a better CPU for dirt cheap, it's worth trying, but that's usually not the case with mobile CPUs, so I'd scrap that idea.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You could try the i7 from that generation, but it is possible it would overheat as ZRace stated. More effective to buy a new laptop.

The new 8th gen i5 are quad cores with hyperthreading. They blow the old dual core with hyperthreading i5 out of the water, you could also look at some mobile i3 for less cost, but they would have a similar performance range to your i5.

Solution