Which cpu is suitable for gtx1070 ti and BFV?

Oct 22, 2018
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new computer with the intention of playing BFV. By chance I've been gifted an MSI Z270 sli plus just a month ago. I then later realized that this limits me to 7th gen intel cpu's, but I assume a 7th gen should be sufficient for gaming.

- I've been told that I'll need an i7 to not bottleneck while playing BFV. Is this correct? The i5 7600K seems to be considerably cheaper than say i7 7700K. If there's no issue using an i5, I really don't feel like paying for something that has no ekstra effect.

- And a question out of couriosity: As mentioned I already got a Z270, but as I looked at the difference between 7th and 8th gen cpu's.... and in the site i was thinking to buy from, I see that i7 7700 and i7 8700 actually have identical price. I had assumed that 7th gen would have a lower price than a similiar cpu of a newer generation...???

I'm thinking to go for a gtx 1070ti, but may go up or down a step, depending if there's any good offers on black friday.
Thanks for any answers :)

If you want to keep the board a 7700k is the best there is to get and seeing as how poorly bf1 ran on the 7600k when things went down it really is the only option. You could always sell the board and get a I5 8600k or ryzen 2600.

Oct 22, 2018
Jaslion - I've heard bf1 was a bit cpu intensive, but I never played it myself (I doubt it'd run very well with an 2nd gen i5). Did it run very poorly on a 7600k? which graphics card did you have at the moment?

I have no particular preference in keeping the board, except it sounds like a cheaper option, at least as long as a 7700k is sufficient. I see a few other Z270 boards for sale in my area for around 90-100$, so i guess I could try selling it there.