[SOLVED] Which CPU next?

CrescentGent

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
Hey there!

So recently it's dawned upon me that's it probably time for an upgrade. For reference, these are my current specs:

• AMD RX 470 4GB (GPU)
  • i5 3470 (CPU)
  • 16GB RipJaw RAM @ 3666MHz
  • MSI Z77A-G45 (MoBo)

So. What do you think my next CPU is and what's the best performance? Bare in mind, my motherboard only supports up to an i7 3770k as per PCPartPicker.

Help me out!

Thanks

One thing which is worth considering before possibly choosing to upgrade CPU only on your current hardware, is cost compared to actual gained performance.

It is not a longterm solution to upgrade your current hardware with a new (old) CPU, and you'll most likely feel the need for another upgrade fairly quickly, or maybe even be dissapointed to begin with

So instead of investing too much in an aging setup, it might be a better option to wait for a while, save up and buy new more current hardware. It doesn't have to be incredibly expensive - with current CPUs, you don't need to go high end to find increased performance compared to your current hardware - and AMD is currently offering a lot of performance for a reasonable price, and in a lot of different price ranges as well

Flashgo1

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016
best upgrade path. gut it and start over if you like the case. if you dont like the case go to part picker with a budget and have fun until you think you have a system. come back here after words and we can help with better parts with same price or steer you away from just a bad part. do you want RGB or dont care.

blank list link.