[SOLVED] Which cpu? Ryzen 9 3900x or i9-10850k

Feb 4, 2021
hello everyone, I am getting ready to build a new pc and I am torn between these 2 CPU’s I stream a little and edit my own maps for farming simulator 2019. Just looking for some opinions on which cpu I should go with. Any opinion or advise is appreciated! Thanks

Solution
I took a look at your build, and I have a few suggestions (up to you, just what I would do differently).

• Your CPU is good for FS19 and many other games, but if you ever want to play games at much more than 100 frames per second, last-gen Ryzen CPUs aren't good at that whereas current-gen Ryzen and Intel CPUs are. Thus, if you want to game at higher than 100 fps (if not now but perhaps down the road) a Ryzen 3900 won't allow you to do that (low boost clocks, low IPC, high internal latency). In that situation, the Intel 10850k would be a better choice.
  • If you're going to purchase a 10850k, that 240 mm AIO is going to struggle to keep it cool; the 10850k produces a ton of heat and needs a more robust cooler than that to keep...

Gegemon007

BANNED
Feb 4, 2021
i would go with i9-10850k as its almost the best cpu available in the market but if ur going for multithreaded apps then go for ryzen 9 3900x. Can u send all the specs of ur PC?

Feb 4, 2021
i would go with i9-10850k as its almost the best cpu available in the market but if ur going for multithreaded apps then go for ryzen 9 3900x. Can u send all the specs of ur PC?
The pc is going to be brand new all new parts I am just trying to figure out which cpu to go with! Thank you for your opinion I’m just nervous this is my first built from scratch and don’t want to have any regrets after building

Gegemon007

BANNED
Feb 4, 2021
not serious but i think if he wants....he can even go rtx 3090 without bottlenecks
i would use 1200 watt atleast for future upgrades
Can u give permission to even view ur build?

gtarayan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
"1200watt" ??

That 10850k is seriously hungry for power.... as in 300W at full throttle. If you plan on having a top of the line GPU such as 3080 or 6800 XT - that's another 300W. 750W power supply is a bit low. My rule is double the power of your components.

If you make the mistake of going the Intel route, I'd suggest waiting just a bit for 11900k.

USAFRet

Titan
The pc is going to be brand new all new parts I am just trying to figure out which cpu to go with! Thank you for your opinion I’m just nervous this is my first built from scratch and don’t want to have any regrets after building
"I stream a little and edit my own maps for farming simulator 2019 "

For your stated use, either of those are fine. Even a bit overpowered.

You don't need a 1200watt PSU.
You don't need a RTX 3080.
You REALLY don't need two of them.

I strongly suggest starting here, and posting in the Systems Forum:

Feb 4, 2021
"I stream a little and edit my own maps for farming simulator 2019 "

For your stated use, either of those are fine. Even a bit overpowered.

You don't need a 1200watt PSU.
You don't need a RTX 3080.
You REALLY don't need two of them.

I strongly suggest starting here, and posting in the Systems Forum:
Ok thank you very much! I appreciate it

Reactions: b4b5
Feb 4, 2021
2000$? ur cpus alone are around 650$ worth
Which is why I posted the link above, regarding "New Build Advice".

A system is build around a use and budget. And it needs to be a balanced system.
Blowing the whole budget on a top end CPU and leaving only enough for a 500GB HDD....not good.
Ya know?
Yes I understand. Like I said I have the 2080ti to get me by until better card availability is here i have both builds in cart sitting at roughly $1600 I will upgrade the gpu once the availability is here! Thank you for that link I will
Definitely be needing some help lol[/QUOTE]