Which CPU should I buy?

Finster_1

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
Hi I'm asking if I should get an i3 7100, an i3 7350k or an i5 7500 or if I should wait till ryzen 5. I am getting an RX 480 8gb and 8gb ram thanks:bounce:

Solution
if your not in a hurry wait for Ryzen 5 to come out, and catch an I5-7500 going on sale the following week :) and not have to change all your hardware to get a ryzen 5 system that will cost you more than just a cpu upgrade. but that is just my pocket talking on hard earned money. if you have the cash, go ryzen 5...

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
I would strongly suggest the i5-7500 because it is a quad core and would be a great pairing with an RX 480 without any worrying about Bottlenecks but you should indeed wait for Ryzen 5, it shouldn't be very long now and will add good competition and variety to the market. :D

spdragoo

Expert
Ambassador

Agreed, especially since Techspot & Tom's Hardware have both shown that the equivalent Pentiums (which are also both unlocked & equipped with HyperThreading) provide similar performance for half the price.

In general, for gaming purposes 4C/4T beats 2C/4T any day, & in some games you'll even find 4C/8T & 8C/8T beating 4C/4T.

TRENDING THREADS