[SOLVED] Which CPU to buy for 3d Rendering in V-RAY

Jan 4, 2019
Hi,
I am building a PC for 3d Rendering. I will be using 1080ti GPU(Cuda cores) for rendering not the cpu. Therefor do I need to buy high end multi-threaded processor like 1950x or an AMD 2700x will be just fine?

Solution
Depends on how many cards you will use, single one will work fine with ryzen 5, 2-3 should will need ryzen 7 (just to make sure some spare horsepower,cost is low comapred to massive GPU cost). about 4 or more its very specyfic and it would be hard to generalize.
Since you are planning to render in V-Ray RT, money is better spent on the GPU. More specifically, it is better spent on purchasing multiple, faster GPUs. The AMD 2700x will be just fine. When you max out on the number of GPUs that your system can handle, then you can turn your attention to the CPU.

Depends on how many cards you will use, single one will work fine with ryzen 5, 2-3 should will need ryzen 7 (just to make sure some spare horsepower,cost is low comapred to massive GPU cost). about 4 or more its very specyfic and it would be hard to generalize.

Solution