Status
Not open for further replies.

SUDEEP SARKER goku

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
I bought my gaming pc in 1 march 2015
My PC Config is:
Mother board: Asus H81M-E (Sadly one Ram slot is not working but still works)
Intel i5 4590 3.30Ghz
MSI GTX 970
Twinmos 8GB 1600Mhz RAM DDR3 ( Maybe Damaged)
HDD:
Disc 1 : 1 TB Western Digital
Disc 2 : 3 TB Western Digital
SSD:
Disc 3 : 256Gb Transcend 230s with DRAM

I recently bought SSD to speed up my computer but I got many Blue skin error. So after many Attempt to repair I suspect that my Ram somehow got damaged and now can't perform anymore. So now I need to buy another Ram.
I went to local market and got two choices.
1. Hyper-X DDR3 with 1 year warranty

2. Geil Pristine DDR3 with Lifetime warranty
Both are 8 GB

https://www.ryanscomputers.com/geil-pristine-8gb-ddr3-1600mhz-desktop-ram

Since I live in Bangladesh Hyper-X doesn't come with Lifetime warranty.
So I am confused what should I do?
Should I go for safety and go for Geil or Take a leap of faith and go for Hyper-X ?
Hyper-X doesn't have any brand backup here. So I am really thinking about after-sell service.

How good Geil performs in games? i didn't find any benchmark on YouTube for that I don't know what to do :'(

I bought my gaming pc in 1 march 2015
My PC Config is:
Mother board: Asus H81M-E (Sadly one Ram slot is not working but still works)
Intel i5 4590 3.30Ghz
MSI GTX 970
Twinmos 8GB 1600Mhz RAM DDR3 ( Maybe Damaged)
HDD:
Disc 1 : 1 TB Western Digital
Disc 2 : 3 TB Western Digital
SSD:
Disc 3 : 256Gb Transcend 230s with DRAM

I recently bought SSD to speed up my computer but I got many Blue skin error. So after many Attempt to repair I suspect that my Ram somehow got damaged and now can't perform anymore. So now I need to buy another Ram.
I went to local market and got two choices.
1. Hyper-X DDR3 with 1 year warranty

2. Geil Pristine DDR3 with Lifetime warranty
Both are 8 GB

https://www.ryanscomputers.com/geil-pristine-8gb-ddr3-1600mhz-desktop-ram

Since I live in Bangladesh Hyper-X doesn't come with Lifetime warranty.
So I am confuse what should I do?
Should I go for safety and go for Geil or Take a leap of faith and go for Hyper-X.
Hyper-X doesn't have any brand backup here. So I am really thinking about after-sell service.

How good Geil performs in games? i didn't find any benchmark on YouTube for that I don't know what to do :'(
Practically same thing but Kingston is slightly better, has a heat sink and Lower Cl.

Reactions: SUDEEP SARKER goku

SUDEEP SARKER goku

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
Probably not. Difference in performance is minimal.

Thank you sir... For your advice & suggestion & technical knowledge.. I will then buy GEIL because it has Lifetime warranty & also the shopkeeper is insisting to take GEIL because he can provide better after-sell service if something goes wrong...

I want to ask another question. I saw ram heat sink is available in the internet. If I use heat sink in the GEIL heat sink will It void any warranty?

I mean I have to put Thermal paste or pad in between the ram and the sink.. is there any possibilities the sticker on ram got loose?

Also if I use ram sink will I get better performance from GEIL ram?

Last edited:
Thank you sir... For your advice & suggestion & technical knowledge.. I will then buy GEIL because it has Lifetime warranty & also the shopkeeper is insisting to take GEIL because he can provide better after-sell service if something goes wrong...

I want to ask another question. I saw ram heat sink is available in the internet. If I use heat sink in the GEIL heat sink will It void any warranty?

I mean I have to put Thermal paste or pad in between the ram and the sink.. is there any possibilities the sticker on ram got loose?

Also if I use ram sink will I get better performance from GEIL ram?
I don't think a heat sink is necessary at those speeds and voltages unless heavily overclocked and overvolted., not with DDR3 anyway. So, go ahead and get that Geil if it's more convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.