Which desktop build is the best for 1080p heavy gaming?

Spaurtacus

Honorable
May 28, 2014
I will not overclock anything!
I will not change any of the specs, i simply want to know which of these builds are the best.

Build 1: The cheaper one
CM Storm Scout II Gaming Ghost White
Cooler Master G650M, 650W PSU
Intel Core i5-4460
MSI B85M-E45, Socket-1150
Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB
ASUS GeForce GTX 780 3GB PhysX CUDA
Toshiba Desktop 1TB SATA 3.0

Build 2:
CM Storm Scout II Gaming Ghost White
Cooler Master G650M, 650W PSU
AMD FX-8320 Black Edition
Cooler Master Seidon 120V CPU Cooler (Watercooling)
ASUS M5A97 R2.0, Socket-AM3+
Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB
MSI GeForce GTX 780 Gaming 3GB PhysX
Toshiba Desktop 1TB SATA 3.0

I will be playing heavy graphics games like bf4 and crysis3.

Solution
Both builds look good for gaming.
The amd CPU would be preferable for better overclocking but since you don't want to over clock, both are good choices. I would expect AMD to be a better bang for your buck regardless.
The 780 gpu is a great pick, don't downgrade. (Especially for gaming. You'll want your biggest investment here)
SSD is only necessary for open sandbox style games without load screens in between environments. (Eg: GTA, Day-Z, etc...)
HDD is fine to me (But if you can afford it, go for the SSD)
650W PSU seems good (that build probably won't require more than 600W at most)
As for the motherboard, I personally trust ASUS. But there's nothing wrong with MSI. Just personal preference.

IRONBATMAN

Honorable
Improvements you can make from build 1

1. Find a better PSU such as the CM V series, Seasonic M12ii series , or Antec high current Gamer series
2. swap for another motherboard with more Fan connectors such as the Asrock B85 pro4. Asrock's motherboards come with more fan connectors.
3. Get a 120GB SSD
4. lower down and get the GTX 760 or R9 270 to get more money for SSD

Dburnsx

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Both builds look good for gaming.
The amd CPU would be preferable for better overclocking but since you don't want to over clock, both are good choices. I would expect AMD to be a better bang for your buck regardless.
The 780 gpu is a great pick, don't downgrade. (Especially for gaming. You'll want your biggest investment here)
SSD is only necessary for open sandbox style games without load screens in between environments. (Eg: GTA, Day-Z, etc...)
HDD is fine to me (But if you can afford it, go for the SSD)
650W PSU seems good (that build probably won't require more than 600W at most)
As for the motherboard, I personally trust ASUS. But there's nothing wrong with MSI. Just personal preference.

Solution