Which Dimensions?

Hi All, Been a while since I purchased a new Dell. My cousin has an older
Dell with the dreaded Windows ME and wants to upgrade to a new machine.

From what I've seen the 2400 and 3000 models don't have any graphics slots.
I would prefer he buy one with a graphics card and/or at least a slot for
one later. So it looks like the 4700 on the SB site or the 5100 on either
Home or SB sites. Am I correct?

I also see the standard warranty has shrunk to 90-days! Would you recommend
at least a 1-year warranty? Thanks, Pat Conover

P.S. I also hope Tom Scales wife is doing better.

"Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message
> Hi All, Been a while since I purchased a new Dell. My cousin has an
> older Dell with the dreaded Windows ME and wants to upgrade to a new
> machine.
>
> From what I've seen the 2400 and 3000 models don't have any graphics
> slots. I would prefer he buy one with a graphics card and/or at least a
> slot for one later. So it looks like the 4700 on the SB site or the 5100
> on either Home or SB sites. Am I correct?
>
> I also see the standard warranty has shrunk to 90-days! Would you
> recommend at least a 1-year warranty? Thanks, Pat Conover
>
> P.S. I also hope Tom Scales wife is doing better.

Pat,

Yes, I'd recommend at least a 1 year warranty.

The 4700 and 5100 are the mid-level systems and will do fine for moderate
demands while also allowing for some system expansion.

Stew

"Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message
> Hi All, Been a while since I purchased a new Dell. My cousin has an
> older Dell with the dreaded Windows ME and wants to upgrade to a new
> machine.
>
> From what I've seen the 2400 and 3000 models don't have any graphics
> slots. I would prefer he buy one with a graphics card and/or at least a
> slot for one later. So it looks like the 4700 on the SB site or the 5100
> on either Home or SB sites. Am I correct?
>
> I also see the standard warranty has shrunk to 90-days! Would you
> recommend at least a 1-year warranty? Thanks, Pat Conover
>
> P.S. I also hope Tom Scales wife is doing better.

Pat,

If it was me, I'd go with the 5100 and I'd buy it from outlet.dell.com I've
had great luck with the outlet computers.

Thanks for your concern, but I am sorry to say I am sitting in my wife's
room in Intensive Care. She's been in the hospital since June 30th and been
through a lot. She's still extremely ill, but we're hopeful.

Tom

Tom, Thanks, I am checking the outlet for a 4700 or 5100, where I too have
also had good luck.

Sorry to hear about your wife, I will say a prayer for her recovery. Keep
the faith, Pat

Tom Scales wrote:
> "Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message
>
>>Hi All, Been a while since I purchased a new Dell. My cousin has an
>>older Dell with the dreaded Windows ME and wants to upgrade to a new
>>machine.
>>
>>From what I've seen the 2400 and 3000 models don't have any graphics
>>slots. I would prefer he buy one with a graphics card and/or at least a
>>slot for one later. So it looks like the 4700 on the SB site or the 5100
>>on either Home or SB sites. Am I correct?
>>
>>I also see the standard warranty has shrunk to 90-days! Would you
>>recommend at least a 1-year warranty? Thanks, Pat Conover
>>
>>P.S. I also hope Tom Scales wife is doing better.
>>

> Pat,
>
> If it was me, I'd go with the 5100 and I'd buy it from outlet.dell.com I've
> had great luck with the outlet computers.
>
> Thanks for your concern, but I am sorry to say I am sitting in my wife's
> room in Intensive Care. She's been in the hospital since June 30th and been
> through a lot. She's still extremely ill, but we're hopeful.
>
> Tom

Tom, I'm so sorry. I didn't know your wife was that ill. I'll put her
my prayers. Prayers do help.

Joan

In article <OI-dnbAarfE09I7eRVn-vg@comcast.com>, "Pat Conover" <pat
conover at comcast dot net> says...
> I also see the standard warranty has shrunk to 90-days! Would you recommend
> at least a 1-year warranty? Thanks, Pat Conover

Contact a Quality white-box vendor, save some money, get exactly what
you want in the case and performance you want.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me