[SOLVED] which distro for my 2 in one tablet?

extremecookay

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014
Hey guys, I'm new to linux and want a lightweight desktop environment that will accommodate my 4gb i5 surface pro 3 i just bought. I feel with 4gb of ram windows 10 won't run smoothly when i'm painting etc. if anyone has any suggestions on distros to try then let me know! i really prefer a mac to windows so was going to try deepin with their pen support however i hear they're desktop is quite demanding.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
A Surface? Leave it with Windows.
Unlikely you can get full operation with any Linux distro, especially for the touchscreen and stylus.

Searching around, some have gotten it to 'run', but not optimally.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
thanks for the info. do you know of any 2 in 1's that do work with linux? for example the HP Elite 1012
Not off the top of my head, no.

What are you going to use this for? The whole 2 in 1 thing and drivers are built around a specific OS, generally Windows. Touch, pen, screen rotation...you'd have to find a specific Linux distro that is known to work with a specific device.

extremecookay

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014
Not off the top of my head, no.

What are you going to use this for? The whole 2 in 1 thing and drivers are built around a specific OS, generally Windows. Touch, pen, screen rotation...you'd have to find a specific Linux distro that is known to work with a specific device.
I want to use it for digital painting and some VERY light gaming when away from my PC. yeah it's gonna be harder than I thought...

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS