[SOLVED] which distro for my 2 in one tablet?

extremecookay

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014
Hey guys, I'm new to linux and want a lightweight desktop environment that will accommodate my 4gb i5 surface pro 3 i just bought. I feel with 4gb of ram windows 10 won't run smoothly when i'm painting etc. if anyone has any suggestions on distros to try then let me know! i really prefer a mac to windows so was going to try deepin with their pen support however i hear they're desktop is quite demanding.

USAFRet

Titan
thanks for the info. do you know of any 2 in 1's that do work with linux? for example the HP Elite 1012
Not off the top of my head, no.

What are you going to use this for? The whole 2 in 1 thing and drivers are built around a specific OS, generally Windows. Touch, pen, screen rotation...you'd have to find a specific Linux distro that is known to work with a specific device.

extremecookay

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014
Not off the top of my head, no.

What are you going to use this for? The whole 2 in 1 thing and drivers are built around a specific OS, generally Windows. Touch, pen, screen rotation...you'd have to find a specific Linux distro that is known to work with a specific device.
I want to use it for digital painting and some VERY light gaming when away from my PC. yeah it's gonna be harder than I thought...