Question Which drive is in which bay?

rumplestilts

Honorable
Feb 12, 2019
I have a couple of Mediasonic 4-bay enclosures (USB3/eSata). No complaints at all. They're both set up as JBOD. Without actually removing one drive at a time and powering it up, is there a way to know which drive is in which bay?

Thanks.

USAFRet

Titan
I have a couple of Mediasonic 4-bay enclosures (USB3/eSata). No complaints at all. They're both set up as JBOD. Without actually removing one drive at a time and powering it up, is there a way to know which drive is in which bay?

Thanks.
Which MediaSonic?

Unless there is something in the documentation, I don't think there is a way to tell.
That's one of the things about JBOD...all drives are seen as one collective clump.

rumplestilts

Honorable
Feb 12, 2019
Thanks; Mediasonic's documentation is barren regarding this issue. However, it appears that the four drives mount in order from top to bottom and are given (for example) letters K, L, M, N respectively. So I think I found my answer. I also added some sticky labels with the drive names directly to the end of the drives I can see when I pop open the front door (so I won't have to ask this question again .:ROFLMAO:)

Reactions: drtweak
Thanks; Mediasonic's documentation is barren regarding this issue. However, it appears that the four drives mount in order from top to bottom and are given (for example) letters K, L, M, N respectively. So I think I found my answer. I also added some sticky labels with the drive names directly to the end of the drives I can see when I pop open the front door (so I won't have to ask this question again .:ROFLMAO:)

Yea most of those kinds of enclosures will and order than the mount in. Some top to bottom, bottom to top, left to right, right to left. Only when you start it empty and then load drives in a random order will it then bein the order of which you installed them.

TRENDING THREADS