[SOLVED] Which driver do I need to install?

mac187

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020
Hi!

I dont know if this is the right place to ask.

My setup:

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 6700 XT SWFT 309
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM: 4x8GB 3600MHz DDR, CL 16, XMP 2.0
SSD: Corsair Force Series MP600 1TB M.2 SSD
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING
PSU: Corsair TX650M 650W

From this list -> https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_download

Do I only need Chipset, Audio and VGA driver? And the rest will be installed by Windows Update? Or do I need to install LAN, Wireless, Blutthoot drivers as well?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
Since you're new to pc, did you go to bios and enable xmp to run ram at 3600? Because it's not automatic and beginners don't realise. Task manager in Windows should report ram speed correctly but not always, for that download a program called Cpuz.

Other diagnostic programs of interest, Gpuz, Hwinfo64 and Coretemp.

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
Hi!

I dont know if this is the right place to ask.

My setup:

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 6700 XT SWFT 309
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM: 4x8GB 3600MHz DDR, CL 16, XMP 2.0
SSD: Corsair Force Series MP600 1TB M.2 SSD
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING
PSU: Corsair TX650M 650W

From this list -> https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_download

Do I only need Chipset, Audio and VGA driver? And the rest will be installed by Windows Update? Or do I need to install LAN, Wireless, Blutthoot drivers as well?

Thank you!
Just install all the drivers so that your mobo would use full potential.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Does internet work on this pc? Check device manager, is there an explanation mark against network adapter? I suspect no and they've been installed. Probably Windows installed it's own driver once chipset driver was installed so it could identify it.

Amd offer more up to date drivers for your motherboard if interested. Just search your motherboard chipset driver and Amd direct site will be listed.

mac187

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020
Does internet work on this pc? Check device manager, is there an explanation mark against network adapter? I suspect no and they've been installed. Probably Windows installed it's own driver once chipset driver was installed so it could identify it.

Amd offer more up to date drivers for your motherboard if interested. Just search your motherboard chipset driver and Amd direct site will be listed.

Inernet works yes, soo do bluetooth. Can I leave it then? or is is recommended to update the lan, wireless and bluetooth driver? What about the
AMD RAID driver V9.3.0.266 For Windows 10 64-bit. ? Do I need it? or is it when I have 2 ssd disks? Now i only have one?

I am new to this so i want to learn and get most help much as possible and understand why and etc,,

Thanks for help!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Can leave it be. If problems arise, (if arise) later and is suggested to update chipset, you'll know where to go. For now enjoy your new system and tinkering with settings.

Yes raid is to combine storage drives for performance or create one large partition. This is done before windows is installed. Raid can make sense with mechanical drives because theyre slow compared to ssds. If you don't mind multiple volumes, c, d, e etc then raid will make no difference in performance with ssds.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Since you're new to pc, did you go to bios and enable xmp to run ram at 3600? Because it's not automatic and beginners don't realise. Task manager in Windows should report ram speed correctly but not always, for that download a program called Cpuz.

Other diagnostic programs of interest, Gpuz, Hwinfo64 and Coretemp.

Solution