Which driver do I need to use Intel's SATA ports on my motherboard?

Schneizel

Reputable
Jun 26, 2014
I've got a Sabertooth Z97, and, upon realizing that Intel's ports are better than Asmedia's, I tried to make the switch. None of the 4 ports worked. None of them. In that case, I thought it was a driver issue. I downloaded the file from the website here.

In the SATA section, the topmost option is what I downloaded, but I couldn't install it. The Intel RST setup manager told me that my platform wasn't supported, as for the other driver, when I try to run it, it redirects me to the Disk folder, and there's nothing for me to install there. What do I do?

Schneizel

Reputable
Jun 26, 2014

I checked the BIOS, but I didn't find anything specific to controllers or ports, though the one setting that does involve AHCI is at AHCI. I'm running Windows 8.1. The only thing that I could find that involved the Asmedia controller only had an on/off option. If it makes any difference, when I plug my SATA cables to the Intel socket, I see the respective P# of the drive and the drives do get initialized, and I can even see Windows trying to boot. The only problem is that it just keeps looping after failing to do so every time.