[SOLVED] Which drivers do i need to install?

brunovnik

Prominent
Mar 8, 2020
So recently i watched jayztwocents video about what to do after building a pc, i didnt built my pc yet, but still i want to know what drivers do i need to install. Jayz installed nvidia drivers for gpu, and all drivers from motherboard manufacturer website. And is that all necessary drivers? i have nvidia gpu, ryzen 5 5600 and b450 tomahawk max. so in my case i should download nvidia drivers, on board sata drivers, on board audio drivers, LAN drivers and speaking of chipset drivers, should i download them from amd or msi website (amd drivers are newer tho).

Solution
Often, the chipset drivers you'll find on the motherboard manufacturers website are basically the same as the ones released by the chipset manufacturer. Sometimes there's a delay from AMD or Intel release the chipset drivers until they are updated on the motherboard manufacturers support page.
Motherboard drivers, including chipset, and the nvidia drivers are all you need to get everything running initially.

But depending on what mouse and keyboard you have, they might have seperate drivers as well.
If you want to benefit from all their features, those drivers will usually be required also.
Both mouse and keyboard will work, the drivers and software is to support additional functionality

Same thing for any other piece of hardware you have connected though USB or in the internal PCI- connectors for example.

Not everything needs additional drivers other than what Windows provide, but I just thought I'd mention you need to consider the rest of your hardware as well

Last edited:

brunovnik

Prominent
Mar 8, 2020
Motherboard drivers, including chipset, and the nvidia drivers are all you need to get everything running initially.

But depending on what mouse and keyboard you have, they might have seperate drivers as well.
If you want to benefit from all their features, those drivers will usually be required also.
Both mouse and keyboard will work, the drivers and software is to support additional functionality

Same thing for any other piece of hardware you have connected though USB or in the internal PCI- connectors for example.

Not everything needs additional drivers other than what Windows provide, but I just thought I'd mention you need to consider the rest of your hardware as well
Well, speaking of peripherals, i have some old mouse and keyboard, so i guess i dont need drivers for them. And so you recommend chipset drivers from motherboard website, because i heard that amds driver are better.

Often, the chipset drivers you'll find on the motherboard manufacturers website are basically the same as the ones released by the chipset manufacturer. Sometimes there's a delay from AMD or Intel release the chipset drivers until they are updated on the motherboard manufacturers support page.

Solution