which drivers for ASUS 9600XT

Bobby

Hello! I'm seting up a new PC (P4 3.0, XP Pro) and I don't understand
whether to install the ASUS drivers or Catalyst/Omega. I'd appreciate any
info that would help me

Thanks

Bobby

Dino

and yet on my ATI 9600XT I would put in Omega Drivers before the official
ones...I would recommend the Omegas but I have been wrong before.

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

Catalysts are the official drivers by ATI - Asus and Omega
drivers are based on those with added tweaks - some ppl swear by the Omegas
but I found myself swearing at them so I stuck to using the official
drivers.

On Tue, 18 May 2004 06:54:38 GMT, "Bobby" <rbbryxxx@bigpond.net.au>
wrote:

>Hello! I'm seting up a new PC (P4 3.0, XP Pro) and I don't understand
>whether to install the ASUS drivers or Catalyst/Omega. I'd appreciate any
>info that would help me
>
>Thanks
>
>Bobby

I had an ASUS 9600XT for a while; never tried the Omega drivers, but
ASUS' own versions seemed to work a bit better with it than the
equivalent Ati ones. Of course, that means you're always going to be
a version or two behind...

Then I got a Sapphire 9600 Pro, which you might think is a step down
(probably is for intensive gaming) and found something that was a bit
lacking in the ASUS card: the high quality 2d I usually associate with
Ati cards. YMMV

patrickp