Which drivers?

Hi all,

I have an Athlon 2700+ on an MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR (nForce 2 Chipset). I had
to reinstall it a while back after I managed to trash Windows (power cut
while shifting data around in Partition Magic!). I use 1GB of PC2700 RAM,
and an FX-5600 graphics card.

I wondered which drivers I should be using for the best performance in my
games. Before I reinstalled I used to get 120FPS consistently in UT2004.
Now, that number is nearer 60. I currently have v56.72 loaded for my
graphics card, I believe nForce2 drivers are v3.39 (don't quote me on that).

Any suggestions greatfully received :)

Thanks!
Daniel

"Daniel Arkley" <no@one.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have an Athlon 2700+ on an MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR (nForce 2 Chipset). I had
> to reinstall it a while back after I managed to trash Windows (power cut
> while shifting data around in Partition Magic!). I use 1GB of PC2700 RAM,
> and an FX-5600 graphics card.
>
> I wondered which drivers I should be using for the best performance in my
> games. Before I reinstalled I used to get 120FPS consistently in UT2004.
> Now, that number is nearer 60. I currently have v56.72 loaded for my
> graphics card, I believe nForce2 drivers are v3.39 (don't quote me on
that).

> Any suggestions greatfully received :)
>
> Thanks!
> Daniel

Ok, you listed which video card you have, then a bunch of irrelevent info to
your question, because you failed to mention which OS you are wanting to run
this on. The Video card and OS are really the only two pieces of needd
info. Maybe perhaps a list of the most important games as well.

"Biz" <biznospam@att.net> wrote in message

> "Daniel Arkley" <no@one.net> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have an Athlon 2700+ on an MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR (nForce 2 Chipset). I
had
> > to reinstall it a while back after I managed to trash Windows (power cut
> > while shifting data around in Partition Magic!). I use 1GB of PC2700
RAM,
> > and an FX-5600 graphics card.
> >
> > I wondered which drivers I should be using for the best performance in
my
> > games. Before I reinstalled I used to get 120FPS consistently in UT2004.
> > Now, that number is nearer 60. I currently have v56.72 loaded for my
> > graphics card, I believe nForce2 drivers are v3.39 (don't quote me on
> that).
> >
> > Any suggestions greatfully received :)
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Daniel
> >

> Ok, you listed which video card you have, then a bunch of irrelevent info
> your question, because you failed to mention which OS you are wanting to
run
> this on. The Video card and OS are really the only two pieces of needd
> info. Maybe perhaps a list of the most important games as well.

I knew I had forgotten something! I'm using Windows XP SP1. Unreal
Tournament 2004 and Vice City are the two most important games to me (being
the only ones I have installed!)

Cheers.

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

Graphics card drivers dont make that much of a differance performance-wise.
If youre getting half the frames you used to at the same settings its more
likely that the motherboard drivers arent installed properly. Try
reinstalling the latest.