which dvcam can stream video to a PC ?

I need to do some real time video capture and programming on windows
2000. I was considering buying a "usb 2.0" or firewire webcam, then I
realised that DVcams generally have firewire. but many posts here say
that it won't act like a web cam (unless using special software).
Is there any DVcam that will perform like a webcam through firewire or
usb 2.0 ?

thanks.

yomgui

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:24:12 +0200, yomgui <not@valid.com> wrote:

>I need to do some real time video capture and programming on windows
>2000. I was considering buying a "usb 2.0" or firewire webcam, then I
>realised that DVcams generally have firewire. but many posts here say
>that it won't act like a web cam (unless using special software).
>Is there any DVcam that will perform like a webcam through firewire or
>usb 2.0 ?
>
>thanks.
>
>yomgui

Never thought about that - but my Sony 355 does that easily in
connection with Roxio software and the quality compared to the Logitec
webcam as you can imagine is unbelievably good. I am connected via a
firewire for speed.

As Roxio 6.0 has a button for direct camera, I should think most DV
camera will do for that.

B.Pedersen Latitude -31,48.21 Longitude115,47.40 Time=GMT+8.00
If you are curious look here http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp