Question Which ethernet port to use on the WiFi extender ?

Aug 23, 2021
I just purchased a Roku Ultra and am running an internet signal extender to my studio. I am using an ethernet cable to connect the two, do I plug the cable into the WAN or LAN port on the extender?

Aug 23, 2021
Thank you for replying so quickly. The setup is: roku - to an Intertek (I think) ac1200M repeater - to a netgear router. The router is in the house and about 300 feet from the repeater which is in my studio. Roku is located about 20 ft from repeater. Thank you.

I find nothing about that device. It is strange that a repeater has a "WAN" port that is more a function of a router.

In any case I would try the LAN port first. To get the actual answer you are going to need to find the user manual. If it has a FCC id number on it they are required to submit the user manual with their other documents they need for wifi certification.

Aug 23, 2021
I was able to get it up and running. First I tested roku by taking it into the house close to the router and set it up to make sure it was running. Then I moved the extender to inside my studio and put the ears facing upward. I also plugged the ethernet cable into the Lan port. Next I moved the roku ultra base closer to the extender and made sure it had a line of sight, about 12 ft from extender to roku. I'm also using a 6 ft. gamers hdmi cable. A lot of trial and error, but this reconfiguration seems to be working. Thank you for all your help!