[SOLVED] Which EVGA 2070 super?

Solution
Actually, they have the exact same maximum boost clock speed of 1815mhz. There is nothing to be gained there.

The main, and only real difference between these cards is the iCX2 cooling on the FTW3 Ultra+, which is great, if you plan to ram up the overclock on the GPU and memory, but if you plan to only lightly overclock or run it at the stock clocks, which is STILL exceptional great performance and both are terrific cards, then not much point in paying the extra.

In fact, you might consider simply going with the XC Ultra gaming which is significantly cheaper than both those cards and offers nearly the same GPU clock at 1800mhz but doesn't have the same overclocking potential as the other two cards. Honestly, if you are planning to run...
Actually, they have the exact same maximum boost clock speed of 1815mhz. There is nothing to be gained there.

The main, and only real difference between these cards is the iCX2 cooling on the FTW3 Ultra+, which is great, if you plan to ram up the overclock on the GPU and memory, but if you plan to only lightly overclock or run it at the stock clocks, which is STILL exceptional great performance and both are terrific cards, then not much point in paying the extra.

In fact, you might consider simply going with the XC Ultra gaming which is significantly cheaper than both those cards and offers nearly the same GPU clock at 1800mhz but doesn't have the same overclocking potential as the other two cards. Honestly, if you are planning to run at 1440p rather than at 4k, this card good enough. Otherwise, I'd save the extra 60 dollars unless you have to have the better cooling package for overclocking purposes. Honestly it doesn't make much sense because you should already be able to max out most games at Ultra on 1440p with the XC ultra gaming anyhow.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($503.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $503.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-28 23:20 EST-0500

Solution

dslatsh

Honorable
Jun 14, 2014
Thanks for your reply DarkBreeze. I think i'm going to go with the FTW3 ultra since the price difference between the XC and the FTW3 ultra is not much ($20 ). I know it has a $40 promo but it's a $20 promo with $20 mail in rebate which I usually forget to do... and I may tinker a little with overclocking. I did in the past with my 970s. I also for some reason prefer the FTW editions it is what I've used since I started building. :)

The important thing here is that you are choosing the correct BRAND. Anybody buying an Nvidia based card, and not buying it from EVGA, is in my opinion rather foolish. So good luck to you man. You'll be pleased with that card.

One thing to keep in mind is the fact that you can also seriously extend the warranty on your card for cheap. As seen here. So don't forget you have the option to do that if you want more than the measly 3 year warranty all graphics cards tend to come with.

https://www.evga.com/support/warranty/extended.asp