Question Which external hard drive for my Mac please?

mikehende

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2013
Hey guys, I am trying to advise someone who came to me for help and wanted to double check with you guys first if you won't mind.

She took her 2011 MacBook Pro Laptop to best buy's Electronics Dept. and asked them for an external hdd, she was given one but when she got home she says it was a usb c and did not fit into the laptop's USB port.

She has asked me to send her a link to one on Amazon, can I trouble any of you guys to check and link me to a correct one for her please? Preferably a 1TB ssd .

This is her Mac

Screen-Shot-2022-07-14-at-10-56-32-AM.png

Right which is what surprised the hell out of me why someone working in their electronics Dept. and seeing her Mac in person would give her ehe wrong thing?

Anyway would this work for sure?

https://www.amazon.com/LaCie-Rugged-External-Drive-Portable/dp/B0058VIWTM/ref=sr_1_3?crid=17VYRXNFFG4Y2&keywords=Mac+1tb+external+hard+drive+2.0&qid=1657811470&sprefix=mac+1tb+external+hard+drive+2.0,aps,49&sr=8-3&th=1
Welcome to best buy.
When I bought my Sandisk Extreme portable SSD (which is a type C format) it came with a type A to C adapter as well, so you can use it on any system.