[SOLVED] Which External storage for M4800 workstation for gaming !!

MrCasualGamer

Honorable
Jun 29, 2014
Hello,

Recently, by luck, I came across a great deal for brand new box packed dell M4800 (though out of warranty) for just 20% cost.
The only problem is that its internal SSD is only 256 GB.
Now, I want to add external hard drive to it on which I want to install games.
What type of external hard drive should I buy so that-
  1. I dont have to open the brand new workstation to put new hard drive inside (because its out of warranty so dont want to disturb assembly as long as possible )
  2. External hard drive is for total entertainment only, mainly games ... around 500 GB should be fine.
Thank You.

Solution
Hello,

Recently, by luck, I came across a great deal for brand new box packed dell M4800 (though out of warranty) for just 20% cost.
  1. I dont have to open the brand new workstation to put new hard drive inside (because its out of warranty so dont want to disturb assembly as long as possible )
  2. External hard drive is for total entertainment only, mainly games ... around 500 GB should be fine.
Thank You.
External drives are good only for storage, not for installing programs/games. Most of them wouldn't even install and)or run like...
Hello,

Thank You.
External drives are good only for storage, not for installing programs/games. Most of them wouldn't even install and)or run like that. They are also much slower than internal ones and tend to change the letter when plugged in or change of the USB port.
Laptop is advertised to have "Easy Eject Drive Bay: Quickly remove your hard drive and swap it with another or store it separately for security reasons with the tool-free, easy eject primary drive bay" so there's not much to disturb by installing larger SSD and clone system to it.

Reactions: MrCasualGamer
Solution