Question Which fan should i choose?

RedNeckBack

Prominent
May 20, 2022
I've ordered P300A and i need at least one intake fan on the front panel. But i don't know how to choose fan or which one is better. I'll give you some okay fan with tight budget.

ID-Cooling WF-12025-SD-K - 5usd
ID-Cooling XF-12025-SD-K - 6usd
DP-FLED-RF120-RD or WH - 6 usd ( but idk about is there any difference wh with rd)
AE-CFMRGL12 - 6 usd
AR-ACFAN00203A - 8 usd

Usually true but some people say these values just on paper.

That is certainly true.

Without more evidence, many fan specifications are just allegations.

Look for fan reviews if you must, but they might be hard to find.

The case characteristics and your CPU cooler may well over-ride any distinctions between the case fans.....and those distinctions may be quite small regardless.

I'd probably test the case with its included fans and your cooler and your actual usage pattern. If unhappy, consider your alternatives at that time...which may or may not be more/different case fans.

Reactions: Phaaze88

RedNeckBack

Prominent
May 20, 2022
The case characteristics and your CPU cooler may well over-ride any distinctions between the case fans.....and those distinctions may be quite small regardless.
Actually i use stock fan as cpu cooler so it is acceptable if hit the high temperature. I'm using Spec Delta and i'm going to use P300A. Actually i care about GPU temperatures more. And it hit the 83 degree at furmark or witcher 3 without undervolting.

I'd probably test the case with its included fans and your cooler and your actual usage pattern. If unhappy, consider your alternatives at that time...
Yeah, if the gpu hit 83 degree i'll go buy extra 1 or 2 intake fans on the front panel, or just start try with extra fans. I mean don't try stock fan at P300A. I hope it will decrease otherwise i'll waste money, lol.

And it hit the 83 degree at furmark or witcher 3 without undervolting.

It's been at least 10 years since I played with Furmark, but if I recall correctly it is a very extreme test and may not be representative of what you might actually experience in your own usage in real time.

Your tolerance for noise and fan budget may come into play also, but it could be that your GPU will be the prominent noisemaker. I'd re-evaluate when everything is assembled and operated for a while.

RedNeckBack

Prominent
May 20, 2022
may not be representative of what you might actually experience in your own usage in real time.
I see also high temperature in a game like Witcher 3.

Your tolerance for noise and fan budget may come into play also, but it could be that your GPU will be the prominent noisemaker. I'd re-evaluate when everything is assembled and operated for a while.
Actually i didn't understand what do you mean.

RedNeckBack

Prominent
May 20, 2022
I mean only that I do not know if noise bothers you.

Just like I don't know how much you can spend on fans.

If either cost or noise bothers you, you may have to compromise on fan speed or number of fans.
actually i bought p300a new, it cost 54usd and i am going to sell my corsair spec delta around 35usd this means i spend around 15-20usd to change case but p300a comes with just one fan. I'm trying to have better airflow and temperatures. So if there are not much difference (temperatures and noise) between fans, i'd go the cheaper one. I spent my budget to case but i think i'll also need extra fans. I think if i can't affordable 2 fans, i'd go with just extra one fan or use stock fan. After a few months i'll go buy second fan or first fan.
I know that i should not wait death quiet.

That's a mid tower supposedly designed for high air flow with a mesh front.

One top vent that is sealable.

Two front fan mounts that can accept 120 mm or 140 mm fans

Only included fan is a 120 mm exhaust.

You might find that cooling performance is better than expected, but most likely you'd want at least one front intake.

You might get lucky and need to buy only 1 fan.....maybe you take a chance on a single high quality 140 mm intake rather than 2 average intake fans.

Hard to guess and complicated by your limited budget.

RedNeckBack

Prominent
May 20, 2022
That's a mid tower supposedly designed for high air flow with a mesh front.

One top vent that is sealable.

Two front fan mounts that can accept 120 mm or 140 mm fans

Only included fan is a 120 mm exhaust.

You might find that cooling performance is better than expected, but most likely you'd want at least one front intake.

You might get lucky and need to buy only 1 fan.....maybe you take a chance on a single high quality 140 mm intake rather than 2 average intake fans.

Hard to guess and complicated by your limited budget.
Okay, i'll buy 1 fan and it can be either 12 and 14mm. I'll check 14mm fans i have never research them. If i get 12mm fan, it might be aerocool mirage 12 lite or arctic f12 pwm or deepcool rf120.
I'll tag you if i can find some 14mm fans.

You might get lucky and need to buy only 1 fan
btw that's why i ordered p300a because i thought it has good capacity to become good airflow.

Last edited: