Which fans should I buy for my build?

IxWolfie

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
Awhile ago I asked for specifications on which parts I should buy, and now I'm trying to figure out which fans I should buy. The case has one intake and one exhaust fan that comes with it, both 120mm. The case has 8 fan bays, and I plan on buying 2 fans (I'm buying a two pack) that are both 120mm. Should I use those and replace the stock fans, and have two fans and a CPU Cooler, or should I have four fans and use the stock ones as well?

I plan on overclocking eventually, but not until it's necessary.

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Case Fans: Corsair SP120 57.2 CFM 120mm Fans

Here's the full build if you need to see the specs to answer my questions. If there are any issues with the build that you guys see I'll take suggestions on that too, but my main questions are on the fans. After that then it's all set.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but like before I'm a new PC builder and I don't want stuff to overheat. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I don't want to go over $1100, so if you think I should replace the fans I want it in the same general price range. Thanks again.

Solution
Like Jtabb1256 said, those fans you want are not meant for airflow, they are meant for pushing air through a tight area (like a radiator for liquid cooling). I would recommend their Airflow series over Static pressure (SP).

I just bought 4 Noctua fans last month and quite honestly, I don't see the hype. They're ugly, don't have a lot of air flow and they're expensive. The fact they have rubber surroundings does help with vibration though... I had a better experience with Corsair.

Themastererr

Respectable
May 22, 2016
Like Jtabb1256 said, those fans you want are not meant for airflow, they are meant for pushing air through a tight area (like a radiator for liquid cooling). I would recommend their Airflow series over Static pressure (SP).

I just bought 4 Noctua fans last month and quite honestly, I don't see the hype. They're ugly, don't have a lot of air flow and they're expensive. The fact they have rubber surroundings does help with vibration though... I had a better experience with Corsair.

Solution

IxWolfie

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

How about these? Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack)

EDIT: Or I could buy the dual AF120 non-quiet editions off Amazon.

IxWolfie

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

I'm still going to get the 900 series even when the 1070/1080 comes out, and give it time to settle and for people to figure out if it's actually better. There's a lot of talk about if it's better for VR or better in general, and a lot of techheads are saying that it's only going to improve VR capabilities... Which I don't particularly care about.

Themastererr

Respectable
May 22, 2016

Yes, I have the white ones in my P.C and I like them. Keep in mind they are Quiet versions though and meant to be a little slower with less noise. If you want a lot of airflow and don't care about noise, get the AF high performance from Corsair.

IxWolfie

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

I do and don't care about noise, my case is under my desk in this cubby hole I guess, so I feel like it'll be at least slightly dampened. I care more about the computer not overheating. Are these the High Performance ones you were talking about? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RESFYK/?tag=pcpapi-20

(Those are the first ones that popped up but they are SP again... Can I get a correct link lmao)

Themastererr

Respectable
May 22, 2016

Just use the classic cooling formula and you'll be fine (intake on the bottom, exhaust on the top). In my experience, the intake fans are much more important than exhaust.

Yes, those are very nice fans. Cooler master makes a similar model as well. Tons of air flow.

IxWolfie

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

So the CPU Cooler will be blowing in the direction of the Exhaust Fan, so the air is picked up by the Exhaust Fan and carried out of the case, correct?

IxWolfie

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

Thank you!

Themastererr

Respectable
May 22, 2016

No problem.