which first thing first???

fourseven

Reputable
Aug 14, 2016
I know the title is odd :D
well... here's the thing, I have passed down my saving habit to my son, and now it's been a year my son already gathered about $300 (more or less) from his weekly money, he's confuse about buy a Graphic card between RX 460 4GB ~ GTX 1050ti price range, or upgrade the system for the latest tech like using INTEL i5 7th gen or new AMD Ryzen R5 line up.
his current system already 3 years old with :
CPU - AMD A8 7600
MOBO - ASRock fm2A88X Killer
Ram - Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600MHz (4 module x 2Gb )
( no graphic card attached, using graphic from APU )

so... which is first thing first ???
I already suggest him what to do first, but I want to know about all of your opinion just to make sure.
thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
I would ask you to leave the APU alone and build a new system from the ground up with something that is more current gen. It could be possible that you can hold onto your storage, the PSU and the chassis for you to build your new system in. mind sharing the make and model of your PSU and the chassis?

Ryzen R5 would also be a worth while upgrade path for you/your son!

Oh+Congrats on passing down the habit! ;)

fourseven

Reputable
Aug 14, 2016

yeah thanks mate :D.
anyway you have same thought as me, I already told him to do so.
well... my son's PSU is Seasonic G 550 80+ Gold, and the Chassis is local made called "Dazumba D'vito 806" I have to admit that chassis is not good enough and I've intended to to give him brand new Phanteks Eclipse P400s Tempered as a prize for his will to save his money.

TRENDING THREADS