Which gaming console should i buy for college hostel

Pranjal619

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
I will be moving to hostel in a few days,
Currently i have a pc with bricked r9 290(black screen while installing driver).
I am considering to buy a gaming console with a 1080p monitor.
Which is the most efficient console that i can buy for 1080p monitor.( considering size of the room i dont think that i can have 4k t.v.)
Games - fifa 18 and gta v
Some info- Xbox one is little cheaper than ps4 in india.
Both Xbox one x and ps4 pro are at same price(148$ More than that of a standard ps4).
Plz help me out

Pranjal619

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014

I mostly play fifa online
So what are the chances that fifa series will not be outdated for atleast 3 years for ps4 slim
I want to play fifa and some other games at their best version for atleast 3 years (unlike 360 lagging behind ignite engine that was delivered to one)
And do we have a option to play shooting games with keyboard and mouse?

toshibitsu

Distinguished
A side from a Neo Geo AES system I haven't touched in ages(nor will I ever sell it), I have a Nintendo Switch. Been enjoying the retro games they've added to it from the 8-bit/16-bit era(which includes arcade games, not just console games).

If by outdated you mean they will continue to release new versions, for a current or last gen console pretty good chance you will see new versions. Don't know about how well a keyboard and mouse work on a console, never tried it and I hardly use consoles.

ahs89

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
If I'd have been in this situation then I would have selected Sony Play Station 4 without any second thought. Rechargeable controllers, Vast game library with PS exclusives.

toshibitsu

Distinguished
Xbox 360 / One have rechargeable battery packs you can plug into them(not to mention docking stations that charge the batteries). I use an Xbox One Elite controller on my PC & if the batteries start to get low, I have a 10ft USB & plug it directly into a USB port on the PC(then it charges up the batteries again).

I will say though, I've thought about getting a PS4 Pro for that upcoming 'Days Gone' game.