Question which gaming headset should i buy

dragon25432

Reputable
Mar 2, 2019
i am playing fortnite i am searching for a gaming headset to detect the foot steps especially if someone below or above me i am having a hard time detecting this with my garbage headset i have at the moment
so do i really need the headset with 7.1 surround sound . they are really expansive in my country
or i can buy a stereo headset something like hyperx stinger or cougar phontum these 2 headset have a decent microphone
would these headset detect the exact enemy location from the footsteps ?
and about the gun fire would i tell where are they coming from , from a single bullet ?

...do i really need the headset with 7.1 surround sound . they are really expansive in my country
or i can buy a stereo headset something like hyperx stinger or cougar phontum these 2 headset have a decent microphone
would these headset detect the exact enemy location from the footsteps ?
and about the gun fire would i tell where are they coming from , from a single bullet ?
No, you can absolutely use plain old stereo headphones or headset and just enable some type of virtual surround:

• the one built into Windows 10 (Sonic spatial sound)
  • most on-board realtek sound have it as a check-box on the audio setup (if you select stereo speakers or headphones there should be a "virtual" surround check box to enable it)
  • 3rd party software like Razer Surround
  • some games have a built-in surround driver if there is a dedicated "headphone" audio option or mode, or some have a check box for enabling surround
  • sound cards and bundled software (e.g. Sound Blaster and SBX surround)
Just remember, only use one surround mode at a time, if there are more than one enabled it will sound terrible.

Personally I am using a Samson SR850 headphone and a lapel clip mic with a Sound Blaster Play!3, I prefer the SBX surround since it is very adjustable to my preference. Sounds much better than the HyperX Revolver I got for my son, at less than 1/2 the price.